Thread: Injector Boundary

Injector Boundary

While doing some experimentation on one of my many tunes, I discovered the injector boundary table is fixed at 540 degrees at all RPMs on the LS2 but it decreases on the the LS3 as RPM increases.

I have a mild cam, (218/231 and .631/.644 with 118 LSA) is is worth the effort to use the LS3 injector boundary table on an LS2?
    Last edited by Mez; 03-02-2010 at 09:21 PM.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

There's also typically a table that shifts the EOI (end of injection) time versus coolant temp. This is typically the table I use for global adjustments when installing a larger camshaft that may experience "short circuiting" of the fuel vapors during overlap when warm. You will typically have more issues with this at low RPM (idle, off-idle tip in) where there is less port velocity to push the charge down into the cylinder.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mez View Post
    While doing some experimentation on one of my many tunes, I discovered the injector boundary table is fixed at 540 degrees at all RPMs on the LS2 but it decreases on the the LS3 as RPM increases.

I have a mild came, (218/231 and .631/.644 with 118 LSA) is is worth the effort to use the LS3 injector boundary table on an LS2?
    The 2010 Camaro is fixed at 520 with the ls3. I wonder why they went back to the delay? I use the boundry to remove the fuel smell from large cam cars at idle. Ive seen gains up to 10 rwhp on the dyno by delaying it up to 30 degrees throughout the rpm range. Be carefull though as the a/f will lean out up to a full point when you make the change. On 2 and 3 bar sd turbo cars this works also to get into boost a few hundred rpm quicker.It will keep raw fuel from cooling the exhaust and slowing velocity.

Thanks for the information. I looked at it again and the factory setting is 520 degrees not 540 degrees. My bad....

On my first experiment, I dropped it to 500 degrees at low RPM going to 465 degrees at high RPM. But the STFT showed a -100% on a regular cycle, so that's probably way too much for my set up. Too much fuel must be getting into the exhaust during overlap, so I'll return this table to the factory setting and experiment with the coolant vs. boundary as Greg suggested.

More learning........
    Last edited by Mez; 03-02-2010 at 09:23 PM.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.