Thread: Gen 4 maf histogram error?????

Advanced Tuner

Gen 4 maf histogram error?????

I know this was brought up before and i dont remember the solution nor can i find it using search. I logged a 40 minute scan last night in open loop to plot maf vs afr error. The 5800 hertz error is on both the high and low tables as well as the editor tables. At 5800 hertz i logged a -2 afr error on my low histogram and +4 on my high histogram. Which one is right ? I have no plot filtering on either of these histograms. I would guess i would need to do so, so i only edit that table once on a maf tune. Why do i have 2 different afr errors ? Am i right that i should use a plot filter on one of these 2 histograms?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You need to filter out the cells using plot filtering, I wouldn't trust either number without doing so.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    You need to filter out the cells using plot filtering, I wouldn't trust either number without doing so.
    Thanks Bill, Should i use [pid.2301]<5650 on the low table or [pid.2301]>6000 on the high table? It shouldnt matter right? Thanks again

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Something like that, the problem is the histogram doesn't filter out anything over or under 5800hz ie if you are using the low table ANY frame that is over 5800hz will go into the 5800hz cell, you can see this using the cell counter and vice versa if you are using the hi table anything under 5800hz goes into that 5800hz cell unless you use the filters to filter out/in that data.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Something like that, the problem is the histogram doesn't filter out anything over or under 5800hz ie if you are using the low table ANY frame that is over 5800hz will go into the 5800hz cell, you can see this using the cell counter and vice versa if you are using the hi table anything under 5800hz goes into that 5800hz cell unless you use the filters to filter out/in that data.
    Wow, i wonder why gm did that? So [sen.80]<5900 to filter out any maf hertz above 5900 on my low table and [sen.80]>5700 to filter out any maf hertz below 5700 on my high table.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Why gm did what? Its just how the histogram plots the data. Unfortunately if you don't tell it what to do it can't but assume you want all the data plotted.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ct06gto View Post
    Wow, i wonder why gm did that? So [sen.80]<5900 to filter out any maf hertz above 5900 on my low table and [sen.80]>5700 to filter out any maf hertz below 5700 on my high table.
    I did it like this
    MAF Lo, [SENS.80]<=5800
    MAF Hi, [SENS.80] >=5800

If i set the g/sec value in the 5800hz cell so my afr% error is as close as 0 as possible when doing the MAF Lo table, i won't bother with it when i'm tuning the MAF Hi table. both g/sec values have to match in the 5800hz cell for both tables, so if you find for example 51.20g/sec to be the value that makes the afr% 0 in the MAF Lo table, type in the same value in the MAF Hi table for the 5800hz cell and call it a day.
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 08-08-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Make your life easier and just use ONE histogram for the entire MAF range, and just pay attention to what you high light so you get the appropriate cells for the low and high tables when you apply the error.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

^^^ how is this done!? I've been reading and reading and reading...and trying. To no avail...

Senior Tuner
    Rather than choosing a table to plot against, choose MAF Hz below the table option, clear the table selection, then set the frequency hit points to match the axes of both tables, then just copy/paste what you need in each table in the PCM.

Awesome. I wasnt hitting clear!

Thanks MikeOD

Senior Tuner
    No problem. Every time I use the scanner I figure out some trick that I'm sure everyone else knows about already except me...so if I can help I try.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat