Thread: 4L80E camaro swap TCC question

Question 4L80E camaro swap TCC question

Have a 4L80E in a camaro and made a couple hits at the track tonight. Was wondering if people are locking up the TCC when under WOT to help pull the car in 2nd and 3rd or only 3rd or if people are disabling TCC under WOT.

three runs went like this, first locked up TCC in the top of second, shifted to third and then locked it up at the top of third,

second was only locking it up in the top of third,

third was locking it up in second and trying to keep it locked the rest of the way down the track...

all were about the same expt second run, it spun badly which hurt the overall time. MPH on first and third were 119 and second was 118 but was .9 slower on 60' on second run. any help would be great

You want how many from a BLAZER!? Its a F*cking SUV. it just looks fast, HONEST

Tuner in Training
    Just curious, are you changing the tune each time to do that or do you have a switch to manualy lock / unlock the TCC?
    Kevin

Daily Driver: 03 Chevy Crew Cab S10, Zr5 (4.3/4L60e)

Plow Truck: 99 Chevy K3500 Pickup (Vortec 454/4L80e) It likes gas, lots and lots of gas.
    Toy 1: 87 Camaro Iroc Z28, (soon to be TPI w vortec 0411 pcm/ T56).
    Toy 2: 98 BMW R1100R

Loud Pipes make people smile!

I was changing the tune each time.

You want how many from a BLAZER!? Its a F*cking SUV. it just looks fast, HONEST

Locking up the converter that much during the run can't be good for the converter. Most everyone I have talked to that locks up the converter during the run only does it at the top of 3rd.
    Pewter 2000 SS A4
    T-Rex Cam (242/248), Hooker LT's, 3" X-pipe Duals, Fast 90, NW 90mm TB, Yank PT4800, 4.30 gear, etc....
    Black 08 C6 A6 Z51
    Mostly stock

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, it isn't advisable to keep the TCC locked during a WOT shift.

Advanced Tuner
    When I had my Camaro, I had the converter to lock up once I hit 100 mph regardless of throttle position.
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L