Thread: Can I get Opinions On My AFR Error % ?

Can I get Opinions On My AFR Error % ?

I have been doing lots of things suggested here trying to get my PLX AFR to HPT data to dial in the error better but nothing changes.
    There are lots of posts that are pretty scattered and cluttered and no baby steps on how to do it so this may be my little problem.

But for now I would like you guys to look at my WOT log and tell me if you think it's enough to worry about before continuing to VE & MAF tuning.

I'm attaching my config file if you need it, but I tell you, from screwing with the PLX EIO "configure user defined" I have lost my PLX boost readout. Another story.

The % is not bad as she climbs up but after the shifts she gets larger. Have a look.

Thanks

Tuner
    What's up with your map sensor, your kpa never goes any higher then 55? Tell us more, maybe post your tune. If you are boosted, you should see atleast 105+kpa
    Last edited by ak95ta; 08-10-2009 at 01:18 AM.
    1999 White T/A M6. 383 LT4 YSi 697RWHP/598RWTQ
    Run your Gen1 or Gen2 SBC with the LS1 ecu
    My mods
    HP Tuners 3 Bar Enhanced OS with RTT, priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by ak95ta View Post
    What's up with your map sensor, your kpa never goes any higher then 55? Tell us more, maybe post your tune. If you are boosted, you should see atleast 105+kpa
    Thanks,

Sorry, I am boosted. A 2005 Silverado with a Magnuson 122 Radix @ 7psi. No other mods but a Cat Back and CAI. I am 1 BAR.

I am attaching again with an updated config.

Attaching another log.

I looked at my other logs on the same tune and see the MAP went normally as you mentioned. I don't know what happened there.

I do hope you still look into my original question. Is my AFR error% that bad?
    And is my PE table too flat across the board perhaps causing some of the error?

Thanks

Tuner
    I think your PE is fine. Your AFR error hisrogram looks like it is functioning properly. Now just multiply those % into your VE table and go from there.
    1999 White T/A M6. 383 LT4 YSi 697RWHP/598RWTQ
    Run your Gen1 or Gen2 SBC with the LS1 ecu
    My mods
    HP Tuners 3 Bar Enhanced OS with RTT, priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by ak95ta View Post
    I think your PE is fine. Your AFR error hisrogram looks like it is functioning properly. Now just multiply those % into your VE table and go from there.
    Thanks, I thought and hoped it may be close enough to work with but for the top and bottom or transition differences but I am a super newby.

To confirm my reading material on wide band VE calibration, I disconnect the MAF and make the changes noted and log into a histogram then copy it out doing a paste special multiply % and smooth.

The part where it reads "I May Want" to do a multiply by "Half". The "May" has me confused.

Thanks

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    The part where it reads "I May Want" to do a multiply by "Half". The "May" has me confused.

Thanks
    The "may" part means if you are getting close then you may want to do paste special % 1/2 or you might overshoot your target. Just like I did yesterday.
    1999 Corvette Coupe Stock Block. Vortech Si Supercharged, Siemens 60# Injectors, High flow FP, X-Pipe, Catback.
    2005 Dodge Magnum 5.7 Stock except CAI

Ah, Thanks,

Please stay subscribed. I'm going to do (attempt) VE and MAF cals this weekend. I'll be posting my results in screen shots of the 3D charts for you guys to comment on I hope.

Which one should I avoid boosting in if any?

Thanks