Thread: Torque managment normal vs performance

Tuner in Training

Torque managment normal vs performance

There are tables in trans torque managment normal / performance and cruise.

How does the computer know when we are in performance mode vs normal mode?

How safe is it to lower the torque managment setting in these vehicles.

2006 LS4 5.3 Grand prix GXP 61K..

Quote Originally Posted by mspeterso View Post
    There are tables in trans torque managment normal / performance and cruise.

How does the computer know when we are in performance mode vs normal mode?

How safe is it to lower the torque managment setting in these vehicles.

2006 LS4 5.3 Grand prix GXP 61K..
    Hi,

When you are in Drive the computer will use normal mode and when you are in Manual mode the computer will use performance mode.

Lowering the torque management will be safe as long as you also put the shift pressures up. You can always just desensitize it by taking 50% or more out depending on how much TM you want.

Ian
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Reducing my tq managment via "shift Tq Factor" made my shifts quick and awesome.. This as stated above is easliy done with out changing shift pressures.. once you go under that 50% threshold i too would advise you to up your pressures.... 09 Gmc Sierra SLT 4x4 6.2ltr...
    its now 1.45 seconds faster than stock(0-95mph) accoding to the log file..This was achieved with tuning+subtraction of Tq managment..etc..

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    Hi,

When you are in Drive the computer will use normal mode and when you are in Manual mode the computer will use performance mode.

Lowering the torque management will be safe as long as you also put the shift pressures up.
    Ian, when did increasing shift pressures electronically become considered safe? Both situations sound like a potential train wreck for the transmission.

I'd have to recommend only reducing it, not shutting it off, unless of course you're not really concerned with longevity. As far as increasing shift pressures, get a shift kit, as it's much safer than doing it electronically.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner in Training
    What would be the best way to tune the transmission torque managment settings in performance mode and line pressure.
    how would this affect normal driving.

My brother tuned my car, but i feel that the settings are destroying my transmission. - performance is great, shifting doesn't feel firm.