Thread: Scanner works fine, Can NOT read VCM

Scanner works fine, Can NOT read VCM

Ive searched a bunch, I hate to be the guy posting the same question (if it's been posted) but I can't find anything like what's happening to me.

I just got my HPT today, I installed the program, connected the MPVI w.out car connected and installed chan a and b drivers fine. I checked in CPanel and they are showing up correctly. I went into the program and inserted my APP Key which worked fine. It asked to update the firmware, so I did and again went fine! It brings up a license info screen with methods, since Im new I have none yet so I went to Flash - Read ECU. I get to step 2-Validating License and I get error. The process then stops. I tried to uninstall and reinstall everything including the drivers and still no change. I then did some searching and read the Cobalt SS/SC sticky and tried deleting the .cfg for the hell of it. Re-entered my App Key and tried again, same error!

Im able to use Scanner and log the car, everything seems to work just fine there. So I decided to go back and try again, same thing, fail at step 2.

I then went on the HPT website and entered all of my customer information figuring maybe that was the issue. Went back to the car and still can't read. This was prolly a dumb step but I was really just trying everything before making a post and bothering anyone

When I get my info, I have 8 credits available like I should and like I said above, I can Log the car fine. PLEASE HELP!!

Ok, after making the thread I figured why not and tried again. I deleted the .cfg file again and re-entered my key. I went to the car, unlocked, got in, closed door, re-opened door and then did Read and I was able to read. After 20 mins I have the file saved, now it says:

File Not Supported:
    Definition failed to load. You will be unable to edit this file. Please email this file with a copy of Info Log.

Edit: (I read something on CSS.net about the door opening and closing thing, I also made sure everything in the car was off when I did this. Im not sure which made it work for me)

Re-Edit: After searching on this problem I saw the common answer was to email support and wait. So I did that again Now I wait...How long of a turn around was it for anyone else with this issue?
    Last edited by BackyardTurbo_FTW; 07-31-2009 at 05:45 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    As soon as I get your serial number via email(you didn't send it) I'll be able to issue you an update more than likely on Monday morning when I'm back in the office.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Im sorry, I just read that thread on how to contact correctly. I sent the info, thank you

Seriously, Bill and HPT, I can not thank you enough for the service delivered! Bill was there 6:30-7pm on a Friday night to answer my Emails and already Monday morning I have the update. Thank you so much for standing behind your product and offering just incredible service!!!! I really can't say it enough, just excellent support!!!

Tuner in Training johnnystunner's Avatar

02 monter carlo fails to read

i also have the same problem. keep getting a failed to read and it gets timed out

Potential Tuner
    I can read via the scanner, but the editor times out with a "error: interface not found! "

Any ideas?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCNDAV View Post
    I can read via the scanner, but the editor times out with a "error: interface not found! "

Any ideas?
    Not really, contact support with a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vcm scanner and while connected to the vcm editor and a screenshot of the exact error you are seeing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Not really, contact support with a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vcm scanner and while connected to the vcm editor and a screenshot of the exact error you are seeing.
    Well, I went outside right now and it worked.

The only thing I can think of was that I was trying it in the evening, and possibly my headlights were on causing a borderline low battery condition?

Oh well, I was able to change my gear ratio and I'm happy for the time being

D