Thread: MAF only with supercharger??

MAF only with supercharger??

Possible? of course using a maf that can handle the airflow such as a powrmaf?

I have an 05 gto (E40 pcm), tvs1900 maggie, 60lb siemens shortys, boost/vac referenced return fuel system. Im guessing 8.5-9psi will be my max. I know everything will have to be scaled anyway for the 60lb injectors, so I should have enough room on the maf transfer after that. But anyone have any experience with this?

joe

Advanced Tuner
    Joe, Any reason you dont want to go to a 2 bar os? I was hoping to make to hooters friday but got hung up. Hope to see ya there next friday.

hey paul

i probably will use the 2 bar os, fan table, boost PE alone are worth it. i did run that with the old 112 maggie and it worked pretty well... I know the 2 bar os isnt designed for use with maf, but from what i understand it does still work...
    I just want to give a maf only tune a shot. ive read about others trying it and they all seem to have good luck. just havent come across a FI application...

might be able to make it this friday.. hopefully the weather stays nice...

Senior Tuner
    Make absolutely sure that your inlet system is the same size as the PowrMAF, both before/after, otherwise you will have a ton of turbulence issues.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Make absolutely sure that your inlet system is the same size as the PowrMAF, both before/after, otherwise you will have a ton of turbulence issues.
    ill have at least 6" before and after the MAF. after that, the intake tube for the maggie bends and flattens a little bit to clear the hood, but it also gets wider, so I dont think it is much of a restriction.

any experience with FI and MAF only tune James?

Senior Tuner
    Tuned tons of setups MAF only, both N/A & boosted. :-)
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

just ordered a powrmaf. going to give this a shot. now from what i understand, even though it says "sd only" in the e40 2 bar os enhancement, the MAF will still work right?

Correct. As long as you don't fail the MAF it works just like before but with BE and fan extensions.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game