Thread: G8 Power Enrichment

G8 Power Enrichment

I've ran into some problems with a G8 I'm working on getting it to go into power enrichment. It goes into power enrichment, but very slowly and the car I'm working on makes boost as soon as you touch the throttle. Leaving a stop it will make boost before 1000rpm at low throttle. Has anyone else ran into this? Is there some fix for it? Will the 2.5 bar tune fix this? I'll post my latest tune and a couple logs of this as soon as I can get internet with the laptop.

Logs and tune from the car.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I went through the longest of your 3 logs and at no point do you go wot, so I can only assume you are talking about the tps enable, GM went to a calulation for the tps pe table so the typical 30% tps enable is actually around 60-70% of what you'll see in the scanner.

Just lower the tps value and all will be happy again
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    I had a similar issue and went back to these settings:

They look too low, but work great and takes alot more MAP and TPS to trigger PE than what the numbers show.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Amric View Post
    I had a similar issue and went back to these settings:

They look too low, but work great and takes alot more MAP and TPS to trigger PE than what the numbers show.
    Looks like you are running with PE all the time. I bet throttle response is good, but mileage has to suck. Look at your plugs too, they will be fouled in no time.

I think the only thing you need to change is set PE enable to 80 Kpa and set enable delay RPM to 0. That way you will have normal cruise AFR with PE as soon as you lean on the gas (and you will have instant PE when you do.)

Tuner
    The settings are misleading. I am running 24-26mpg, and plugs look great. Here is a scan and the cfg to go with it, showing when PE kicks in with those settings.

Frame 62788 starts a nice WOT run

Thanks Bill and others. I'll try that. When it had just the cam in it the problem was there, but rarely noticable. Now that it has the TVS2300 on it the problem sticks right out at times from a stop if you go moderate throttle. Wide open or very light throttle never cause a problem. I'll post the results after I try this tomorrow, thanks.