Thread: commanding 11.4-10.8 but getting richer

Advanced Tuner

commanding 11.4-10.8 but getting richer

I haven't put on my boost a pump yet so i cant really take it over 5K so the excel spreadsheet below I only show rpms up to 5K at WOT when im commanding 11.5-10.8 in PE table. I just picked a couple rpms to show its underwhat it should be but I have quite a few logs showing same thing whatever im commanding im getting .5/.7 richer for some reason. Why is it dipping below commanded quite a bit when it should be using PE table only?

I know I have to work on my mid/upper ranges of VE table still but that shouldnt effect my WOT AFR's does it or maybe it does some with the transition from PE table to PE table as I know im quite high mid upper section of my VE table.

Cot is disabled and im not sure what else to check. Im using MAF as well and its dialed in but maxes out at 5k as well, but the AFR problem is before MAF maxes out.

Tune below. Anyone care to take a look and see if you see something ive missed in my tables?
    Last edited by Z06SUPERCHARGED; 07-25-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Tuner
    Best I can tell is it is pulling exactly what you are commanding in the PE table. I just did the math and it seems spot on. Why not just set it to 1.276 for all rpms? Maybe I misread your post?
    1999 White T/A M6. 383 LT4 YSi 697RWHP/598RWTQ
    Run your Gen1 or Gen2 SBC with the LS1 ecu
    My mods
    HP Tuners 3 Bar Enhanced OS with RTT, priceless.

Advanced Tuner
    But the AFR commanded doesnt match the AEM WB number which it should cause I just checked the calibration. If my commanded reads sat 11.01 then the WB should also and it reads 10.7 so to me thats not right.

I had a earlier tune commanding 11.4 all the way across but i had to adjust for maxing out MAF near 5K. Ill go back and read that log where it was the same all the way across and see whats going on.
    Last edited by Z06SUPERCHARGED; 07-25-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Tuner
    If the AEM WB doesn't match the commanded AFR, then the VE Table isn't correct. I think 11.5 AFR is a little rich for a NA engine, unless you are spraying nitrous. Id think you would want a commanded AFR of about 12.5 or 1.174 in the table.
    1999 White T/A M6. 383 LT4 YSi 697RWHP/598RWTQ
    Run your Gen1 or Gen2 SBC with the LS1 ecu
    My mods
    HP Tuners 3 Bar Enhanced OS with RTT, priceless.

Advanced Tuner
    ok im not sure if the AEM is off. its right on at idle and blipping the throttle but maybe WOT its off?

This tune is for my blown Z06 and 11.4-5 is where we need to be for a blower usually. i have other issues about 5k such as MAF maxing out but i need to get to the bottom if my wideband is off and if so how much at higher rpm's. I can calibrate it each time but that doesnt mean its accurate at high rpms.

Thanks
    Last edited by Z06SUPERCHARGED; 07-25-2009 at 09:32 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Turns out my MAF wasnt dialed in very well above 4K and Bill (5 liter eater) brought my attention to it as I missed it in the histograms and was more worried about getting the below 4K portion dialed in. Once I corrected the MAF above 4K all was fine..
    Last edited by Z06SUPERCHARGED; 07-31-2009 at 07:49 AM.
    16 psi on E85