Thread: 2005 F-150 4.6L Tunning Problem

Tuner in Training

2005 F-150 4.6L Tunning Problem

Just got a 2005 F-150 4.6L to get it tuned, but heres the catch, it has been tuned by (Sniper Software) but customer wants it to bee tune by HP software, so i get it to upload his tune or i should say read and safe his tune, but it wold say that it cant read the PCM, so since I work for Ford dealer i made a favor to him and reflash the PCM with a stock or OEM software, we try couple of times and it gave me the same fail massage... can anyone help me out here? or should i just ask HPTuners Support.?

Oh also... hehe i want to add... do i need Ford credits even to read or save the PCM software, or can i just save it and if i really do any changes on the PCM i would have to buy credits like on GM (my points is do i need credits just to save original or whatever software it has the pcm) cus i been saving PCM software like crazy for GM and none had ask me for credits only if i start moving stuff or re-writing the PCM. Just asking this because I really dont have any Ford credits. =) just wondering if that may be the problem but i doubt it.
    Last edited by MarcoTechRGV; 07-25-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: adding a lil more info.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You would need to contact support on this one, we'll need a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vehicle as well as a screenshot of the error you get when reading so that we can further assist you.

No credits are needed to read a vehicle or save the file you read.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    You would need to contact support on this one, we'll need a vcm suite infolog while connected to the vehicle as well as a screenshot of the error you get when reading so that we can further assist you.

No credits are needed to read a vehicle or save the file you read.
    Ok i can get u screen shots, but how would i get the VCM suite infolog while connected.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoTechRGV View Post
    Ok i can get u screen shots, but how would i get the VCM suite infolog while connected.
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/introdu...mersupport.htm

Step 1:
    To obtain a VCM Suite Info log, please use the VCM Suite Info form found in both the VCM Editor and VCM Scanner programs under the help menu.

Step 2:
    Click the blue i to poll the software and the vehicle for info.
    Note: Make sure your cable is connected to the vehicle and the vehicles key is in the ON position before you click the blue i.

Step 3:
    After step 2 has completed (can take between 5 and 20 seconds) you are ready to save the info.
    Click the blue file to save the info log. This is the file that you will need to e-mail us.

Tuner in Training
    Well finally i have all the info that u all need, hopefully u all can help me out, i took long cuz the guys is not from around here, so any who heres the info and hopefully u all can help me. Should i send this info to HPTunners Support..???

Hope to hear from u guys as soon as possible thanks...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah looks like sniper may have screwed something up, I'll see if our head engineer has any ideas as to how to fix it.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-04-2009 at 11:33 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah looks like sniper may have screwed something up, I'll see if our head engineer has any ideas as to how to fix it.
    any luck?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoTechRGV View Post
    any luck?
    Please email support your information & a link to this thread as its possible our software is not recognizing the pcm correctly for some reason, I should be able to get you an update shortly that will read it out properly.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    New beta up that should fix this issue if anyone else is getting a failed at location 70000 error please email support so you can test.