Thread: 2.5 or 3 Bar MAP Sensor

2.5 or 3 Bar MAP Sensor

Here is the 2.5 bar MAP sensor you are looking for:
    http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=MPX4250AP

Is this the one we should be running if we're over 14.7lbs of boost? It's only 10 bucks that doesn't seem right.

Right now I have a GM 12580698 2 Bar installed but I'm pushing 21 lbs of boost (spikes to 21 and holds at 18). I've since turned the boost back down to 15 psi since my HP tuners will not allow me to register higher than 207kpa. I verified my boost with a mechanical guage I am seeing 21lbs. I've read that there is a sensor that will read 255 kpa that should cover my requirements but finding a part number has been hard to do.

I did find a part number for a GM 3 bar 16040749 but I have not been able to confirm this is the right one. Is this what I need?

Another question I have is if my A/F is good why can't I simply turn up the boost and set the timing tables accordingly to make more power. I understand the MAP sensor is my y axis here but I'm still not exactly sure how the data recieved is interpreted. Am I correct in assuming once the KPA limit is met all data is interpreted from that reading? With my additional boost I am seeing no increase in MPH but I don't understand exactly why.

Air, fuel, spark. I have direct control over the air (Boost Controller) fuel and spark must be where my power is correct?
    06 Twin Turbo GTO

Kinda wish we had a forced induction section. Judging by some of the other threads I've read this is not a 1st time deal. Any FI guys running more than 15lbs care to chime in? What are you using that works?
    06 Twin Turbo GTO

Well got my answers via PM thanks Cant seem to delete this thread but if a mod could it would be appreciated.
    06 Twin Turbo GTO

MPX4250AP is the correct sensor for anyone else wondering.
    07 ZO6- warhawk 427/APS TT/HPT 2.5bar

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by INTMD8 View Post
    MPX4250AP is the correct sensor for anyone else wondering.
    Yes it is and I got it in today. Hookup is an entirely different animal. Anyone know hookup one of these before if so how? Pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. I'm sure I'll figure it out if anyones interested post up. No sense in wasting bandwidth if no ones interested.
    06 Twin Turbo GTO

Welp on my own, cool.
    06 Twin Turbo GTO

hey Rick if we can get a nice weekend I should be able to work something up as far as wiring. I know we talked about it a little before but I would like to try and get this working for you
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

The markup on these sensors is amazing. I'd pay extra for a plug n play sensor but $100! Damn. Is there a plug n play available >2 bar?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmancan View Post
    Yes it is and I got it in today. Hookup is an entirely different animal. Anyone know hookup one of these before if so how? Pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. I'm sure I'll figure it out if anyones interested post up. No sense in wasting bandwidth if no ones interested.
    look on mouser site and they give pin out details

http://www.freescale.com/files/senso...t/MPX4250A.pdf
    Last edited by NICKY BOY; 12-04-2009 at 03:11 PM.