Thread: Autometer fuel pressure gauge pigtail plug to interface

Autometer fuel pressure gauge pigtail plug to interface

I called Autometer and some tech there told me they no longer sell or have or then he wasnt sure the correct pigtail to plug into the back of the gauge that can then go to the HPtuners interface plug.

I know which connector to tap into coming out of the gauge (you cannot splice into wire coming from sender and it has to be coming out of gauge/to interface to work right) but would rather have a nice little pigtail plug thats made with all the wires going in and the correct wires coming off it to go to the interface. Anyone know where to buy it or a part number?
    Last edited by 07cobaltsupercharged; 07-22-2009 at 10:21 PM.

Tuner
    Man, I just tapped the purple wire and ran it right to the HP tuners interface, It works fine. I don't know you think you can't be spliced into. Maybe I read your post wrong.
    1999 White T/A M6. 383 LT4 YSi 697RWHP/598RWTQ
    Run your Gen1 or Gen2 SBC with the LS1 ecu
    My mods
    HP Tuners 3 Bar Enhanced OS with RTT, priceless.

So you tapped into the purple wire coming right off the sender going to the gauge?

Here is the diagram. You are suppose to come off the gray 5 volt reference power slot not the purple wire or it wont read right pressure or so I was told. Did you compare the readings off the gauge with hptuners readings to see how close the 2 were?

But this is what I need to find out what the difference is if any running from the purple wire vs the 5 volt reference wire.
    Last edited by 07cobaltsupercharged; 07-22-2009 at 11:18 PM.

Tuner
    Yes I tapped the purple wire and it reads the same as the gauge. I was even able to use the preprogrammed Autometer Fuel pressure PID in the scanner without having to change a thing. The grey 5 volt reference is the supply voltage to the sender, and the signal is returned on the purple, 1-5 v depending on fuel pressure.
    Last edited by ak95ta; 07-23-2009 at 12:14 AM.
    1999 White T/A M6. 383 LT4 YSi 697RWHP/598RWTQ
    Run your Gen1 or Gen2 SBC with the LS1 ecu
    My mods
    HP Tuners 3 Bar Enhanced OS with RTT, priceless.