Thread: GTO traction control issues

Tuner

GTO traction control issues

Have a customer, '05 GTO, cam, exhaust, Magnuson S/C, any time he stomps on the gas, (I guess that's the whole point of it all), the traction OFF light goes on, and can't be turned on until the engine is shut off/on. Doesn't seem to cause any problem, wondering if one of the settings in Torque Managment might need to be changed, any one run into this?

Advanced Tuner
    It has been awhile since I tuned me GTO but there is a table specifically for the TC in there somewhere.

Senior Tuner
    My guess is that it's a Diagnostics test that's causing this. Post up your tune.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Tuner
    That would help my case a bit.

Tuner
    Anybody? (crickets chirp)

Tuner
    It's somthing in the base maggie tune a few people have had this problem on the gto forum, thats what you posted right?
    Because the primary VE table is the same as a stock gto.

Senior Tuner
    That looks like Magnacharger's crummy file. I'd suspect if it was tune related, and I'm not so sure, that a "proper" tune would cure it.

Maggie also disables the VE about 1600 rpms in their tune.

I also see that they "Applied" the TCS Patch, but that's only for SD (Speed Density) setups, and this car is NOT that. That may be the entire problem.
    Last edited by RWTD; 07-30-2009 at 09:04 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Tuner
    The current owner bought the car from someone, it had a tune in it for the cam, intake, headers, etc., he then put the Maggie on it, bought it to me. He said he tried to put the Maggie tune in, didn't think it took, (who knows), I started working on it, spent some time on it, it was giving me fits, finally realized one of the o2s was bad, stopped there, it has since been replaced, haven't had the car back.
    RWTD, the Maggie tune goes full maf 1600 and up? Did I understand this right?

Senior Tuner
    Yeup, you got it. Look at the Dynamic Airflow High RPM Enable and High RPM Re-Enable values. FYI, that would NOT cause this issue, just switching to pure MAF mode. I'm thinking it's in the TCS patch, or potentially something we can't see with HPT. Personally, I'd get the pcm reflashed back to the factory calibration, and then start over.
    Last edited by RWTD; 07-31-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Tuner
    Doesn't seem like it would make a lot of sense to spend time tuning in the VE table unless we're going SD, (which is in the cards, IF the guy decides to change pulleys).