Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS2 Tuning Guide

Tuner in Training

Question 05 gto tune?

How can I get a copy of this famous "Tuning Guide"?
    Trying to do more tuning myself and was looking for suggestions.

Changes, edits , enable or disable functions?

How much can I increase line pressure for transmission?
    No torque management!

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Kevin H

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhurley
    How can I get a copy of this famous "Tuning Guide"?
    Trying to do more tuning myself and was looking for suggestions.

Changes, edits , enable or disable functions?

How much can I increase line pressure for transmission?
    No torque management!

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Kevin H
    Check the very first post of this thread (OP) http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179142&postcount=1. Inside that post click the link LS2_Tuning_Guide_01262010.hpt and when the window pops up choose save. Save the file to a location where you will know it will be and can find it (desktop or my documents). Be sure that you can see the file extension .hpt, if not set your windows to allow veiwing extensions for known file types. Once that has been done, change the extension from .hpt to .doc and open with MS Word or double click the file to open with Word.

If you do not have Word you can download Word Viewer from MS for free or I would suggest downloading and using Open Office.
    2006 Pontiac GTO 6.0L LS2 E40 6 Speed Manual
    2007 Pontiac G5-GT 2.4L LE5 E67 5 Speed Manual

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Useful info / instruction
    First I want to say thank you so much for doing this / putting it out there. There are so few guys willing to help the newbs. It makes breaking the crust of an already complex skill even more difficult. I've had HPT for a few years now. I've used it entirely for DTC and VATS disabling as well as a few other minor tasks. But I have been afraid to start modifying any tables for lack of knowledge, which this helps greatly with. I am going to ask some questions based on this guide that I hope you (or others) may be willing to answer for further clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by RLSEBRING View Post
    ]Would just turning off Closed Loop in the scanner accomplish the same thing? Also does Closed loop in the scanner As well as Fuel Trim Learn, work the same in that if you turn it ON it's really OFF or does that only apply to the Adaptive Idle on/off?
    Unless I missed it, this never got answered and I am interested ...

If I am not running cats, should I permanently disable COT? Or does it matter?

In the very beginning you state, "same thing when you go WOT. The 02 sensors would go out of the picture, and we’ll be relying on the PE table to target what the fuel should be at WOT. VE values at WOT are referenced up to 3600rpm, then MAF is referenced above that point up to redline." This sentence is a little confusing to me in trying to figure the relation of Power Enrichment to MAF & VE. Can you perhaps explain it a little better?

Several times you mention pasting the error from a histogram into tables using a paste special of 50%. Is this just so that you are taking baby-steps and not going too far at once?

In the idle tuning section you talk about having to log idle adapt advance against final idle airflow min twice for auto trannies. I assume this is only for electronically controlled auto trannies and a TH350 or 400 would be treated as a manual?

Lastly, I have looked with little success for a guide to histograms. My understanding is that they are basically real-time logs of formulas that are either pre-defined by HTP or can also be custom-define by the user via PIDS. Are all of the histograms you used in the tutorial pre-defined by HPT?

Potential Tuner
    can someone post the link to the tuning guide having a hard time with idle. the link on here is not even a link

Potential Tuner
    work the same for a GTO?

Should be close

Up

Cant find the guide

Tuner in Training
    Well, turns out I have a saved copy, but it's too large to post as an attachment. Leaving this comment as a reminder for me to see if I can break it up into 2 files and post that.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FSAE_Junkie View Post
    Well, turns out I have a saved copy, but it's too large to post as an attachment. Leaving this comment as a reminder for me to see if I can break it up into 2 files and post that.
    anyway you can email me a copy?

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone happen to have a copy of the tuning guide from the first post? Seems to have been removed and I was hoping to take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ApexClone View Post
    Does anyone happen to have a copy of the tuning guide from the first post? Seems to have been removed and I was hoping to take a look at it.
    I think this was the original
    https://www.g8board.com/threads/hpt-...s.35770/page-3
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer