Thread: 06 GTO Tuning Newbe

Potential Tuner

06 GTO Tuning Newbe

I have a 06 t-56 6 speed. K & N cold air intake, speed engineering headers with mid pipe, cats delete, magnaflow Mufflers, tick performance sns stage 2 cam-231/235 | .625"/.605" | LSA111+2. Also rear 02 deleted. Trying to get it to idle better. It does idle rough. I noticed on my log file that my tps is at 20 at idle. Ran perfect before cam. Do not want to drive until I know it?s safe. I also have a can error code (u2101)since upgrade. Also has map sensor code. Log shows map sensor at 9.1 at idle if that helps. No tuners around me that I can trust. Thanks in advance for your help.

Post your tune and log
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner

Wink What i have done so far

My tune file is attached. It will idle. Doesn't have a ton of power right now. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Several things---First go to Engine--Spark--Base idle and make your chart look like the one I attached. Go to Idle adaptive spark--Overspeed and make all the numbers -5 from 64rpm up. Underspeed---make all the numbers 8 from 64rpm up. Go to Torque mgt --General and open ETC limits. Make the first row across all 0's, all other numbers on the chart make 100.
    Are these the stock injectors?
    Go to Fuel--Power Enrichment and change Delay to 0. Ramp in to 2.00. Go to Temperature Control and COT--Disable. IAT spark will need to be changed but later.
    You should be idling around 17-19 degrees after this. If not, you have too much Base Running Airflow.
    Be sure and make a copy of the file before you make changes.
    Log Cylinder Airmass in Channels, also injector duty, Injector tip temp, -------where is your Wideband Input? I don't see it. You can tune the low rpm stuff with STFT's (Turn off LTFT's) Just don't WOT because boom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Several things---First go to Engine--Spark--Base idle and make your chart look like the one I attached. Go to Idle adaptive spark--Overspeed and make all the numbers -5 from 64rpm up. Underspeed---make all the numbers 8 from 64rpm up. Go to Torque mgt --General and open ETC limits. Make the first row across all 0's, all other numbers on the chart make 100.
    Are these the stock injectors?
    Go to Fuel--Power Enrichment and change Delay to 0. Ramp in to 2.00. Go to Temperature Control and COT--Disable. IAT spark will need to be changed but later.
    You should be idling around 17-19 degrees after this. If not, you have too much Base Running Airflow.
    Be sure and make a copy of the file before you make changes.
    Log Cylinder Airmass in Channels, also injector duty, Injector tip temp, -------where is your Wideband Input? I don't see it. You can tune the low rpm stuff with STFT's (Turn off LTFT's) Just don't WOT because boom.
    Yes they are stock injectors. I will get my wideband hooked up asap and get those things changed and then send you the log file and tune file when I get that all done. Can you set up the scanner config to log those things please. I am having trouble getting the handle on how to set those up the right way. Like I said I?m am brand new at this. I really appreciate all the help.
    Last edited by Duster741; 05-12-2022 at 01:16 AM.

The easiest way to do this is Go to the Bulletin Board home page and look under VCM Scanner. There is a help section--The second thread down is how to set up scanner---you need to know this. Bunch of info there.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. I will get this done and get back to you in the next couple days

Potential Tuner

New Changes

I have made the changes exactly how you told me. it idles about 1800rpm. Base idle is set at 850. I am still working on my scanner setup. How do I remove 5% from my base airflow?

Go to Engine > Idle > Airflow > Airflow Final Minimum
    2005 Corvette, Z51, 6sp Coupe:
    - TSP ported/milled LS3 heads
    - 11:1 compression
    - Ported OEM LS3 intake & LS2 throttle body
    - 222/230 113 +3, 0 degree overlap w/1.7 rockers
    - Comp 1.8 roller rockers
    - Lift w/1.8 rockers .630/.621
    - Johnson 2110 lifters
    - OEM LS3/7 Injectors
    - LS3/7 style CAI w/blade MAF sensor
    - Std. speed ATI balancer
    - C5r timing chain
    - ARH 1 7/8 headers w/cats
    - C6 Grand Sport MPP Mufflers with NPP in a Box
    - C7 ZR1 Style wheels: 18x9.5, 19x11
    - C6 Z06 Brakes

What is the mygto tune?? Do you have a scan of the changes that you made?

Potential Tuner

Log File

Here is my log file

I don't see it idling at 1800. Looks like its around 850 ?? Now you have some STFT numbers to adjust your MAF and VE tables. Be sure and log Dynamic Airflow if you aren't already. When you download a tune, and start the car, it takes a few minutes for the fuel trims to settle in. Let it run for a few minutes and get up to temp before you start logging. That will avoid having a lot of cells that are out of whack. Revving it up when you are trying to tune it does no good.

Can program some qualifiers into your log to filter out low ECT and transients as well. Once i learned that my life got way better ha.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Potential Tuner

MAF Error Graph

cant get my maf graph to work for error reporting

Screenshot (4).png
    Attached Images Attached Images