Thread: Throttle Cracker Question

Question Throttle Cracker Question

I have an issue with the car trying to die when I get off the throttle at low speeds. I noticed on my Throttle Cracker enable and disable, mine is set to enable at 42mph and disable at 41mph. A local tuner set it that way and I wonder if this is why its trying to die when I get off the throttle at low speeds. Here is a snapshot of my throttle cracker table and I circled in red where he set the enable and disable speeds. Any advise will help.
    2000 Trans Am WS6, 383 RWHP 344 RWTQ
    2006 GTO, LS2, Cyclone Gray, M6, 1 of 475
    2009 Chevy Silverado

Senior Tuner
    At work so can't compare to a repository tune.

Update: Have a screen shot of my tune here at work and I concur with TXZ0603's values as described below.

The throttle cracker parameters are used to open the IAC motor as vehicle operating conditions change.

Throttle Cracker Airflow vs. RPM vs. MPH: This table is used to open the IAC motor as RPM and MPH vary.

Enable Speed: MPH threshold to disable the adaptive idle and enable the throttle cracker.

Disable Speed: MPH threshold to enable the adaptive idle and disable the throttle cracker.
    Last edited by Cantalope Kid; 07-20-2009 at 09:58 AM.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

dont know if itll help but on my vette they are set to enable at 2mph and disable at 1 mph
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Also on the 2004 MN6 Vette at least, depressing the clutch will also disable the throttle cracker...decay to 0.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Also on the 2004 MN6 Vette at least, depressing the clutch will also disable the throttle cracker...decay to 0.

Ed M
    It's something that guys that mess with only F-bods often don't see coming. From what I have seen most all of them are like that, at least back to 99.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com