Thread: Cold Start Tuning ??

Tuner in Training

Cold Start Tuning ??

What do I change to help with a cold start on a car with a cam. I have a 99 Corvette with a LS6 motor that has a 233/239 cam. When it is cold it starts and dies, starts, dies etc.
    It take three of four trys to keep it running. SD tuned, I have put a lot of work into the VE tables, but have never found anything that applies to cold start. What can I change that will help to keep it running when cold.

It needs extra airflow and it needs that airflow to 'hang around' longer than stock.

In the editor goto Engine>Idle>Idle Airflow and the bottom left side is startup.

To have something to try out, goto Friction Airflow Initial and add 2g's to the whole table. To make that air 'hang out' longer, just beneath it Friction Airflow Delay. This is the delay before the airflow begins to be decayed away. Up this to something like 25 revs cold and do an interpolate up to warm. When warm, your delay can be near OEM.

You can play with the decay value as needed as well, but this is where to be looking.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com