Thread: Variable Camshaft Question - VMAX

Variable Camshaft Question - VMAX

I have a 2008 Chevrolet Silverado with a Vortech Max engine. It has AFM, and it had Variable Cam functionality.

I see from the help section in HPT that there should be a section under the general tab for being able to adjust cam phasing...

Variable Camshaft

VCP Base Angle vs. Fuel Trim Cell: This table defines the base cam position in relation to fuel trim cell.
    VCP PE Base vs. RPM: This table defines the base cam position in relation to RPM when in PE mode.
    VCP PE Modifier vs. RPM: This table modifies (adds to) the cam angle for PE mode.
    VCP PE Modifier Mult vs. MAP: This table multiplies the PE Modifier cam angle in PE mode.
    VCP Angle Mult vs. ECT: This table multiplies the cam angle in relation to engine coolant temperature.
    VCP Angle Mult vs. Fuel Trim Cell vs. Baro: This table multiplies the cam angle in relation to fuel trim cell and barometric pressure.
    VCP Retard vs. Knock Learn: This table retards the cam position in relation to the knock learn factor (octane scalar).

In my particualr case, none of those sections are there. I am using version 2.22.3152. The only option I currently see is under spark I see a separate spark timing table for variable cam. I am wondering what I need to do to access this table.

support at hptuners dot com will get you the beta version with the cam phaser info. Or wait for 2.24. Your choice.
    Always Support Our Troops!

thanks...

Ok, so I now have the beta software.

In looking for Varible Camshaft it seems that it is in the Airflow Tab. I see quite a few options, and I'm wondering if anyone has done much in the way of tuning on this yet.

In looking at the table it appears that you have as much as 30ยบ to play with in the stock VCT tables.

My thoughts on this would be that for optimal power you would want to advance the camshaft at Lower RPM, and conversely retard the cam at High RPM to maximize power. Just wondering if anyone had done any empirical testing onwhat yield the best results?