Thread: Couple things... log inside

Couple things... log inside

Look at frames 1874 then 3031, at WOT around 3600rpm my narrowbands are dropping to almost nothing, wideband drifts up to 14.6(commanded is still correct @ 12.x)

LTFT's and WB do not match up at cruising but STFT look pretty good to me.

Ideas.

(Attached is the log file, and a screen shot of the stft, ltft and wideband. )
    1982 GMC S15 5.3 4L80e
    1954 Corvette ls swap in progress

You're kind of mixing apples and oranges here. If you have LTFTs enabled there is no sense in even looking at STFTs. If a STFT cell is +5% for a certain duration then it will set the LTFT cell to +5 and zero out the STFT. Then the LTFT keeps the +5 trend and the STFT rapidly adjusts up and down from there. What do you mean LTFT and WB do not match? The tune could be way off but the fuel trims will guide it back to ~14.7 in closed loop. Then you're throwing in the wide band too.

You need to put the car in open loop to tune with the wide band. Stop the PCM from trying to correct for the airflow errors. You need to see the raw error so you can correct the tune.

At both those places in the log you mash the pedal and get a lean spike coming out of closed loop. And your LTFTs are pretty positive, ~8-9%. So basically your tune at the point you're coming out of closed loop is ~8-9% lean, thus the lean spike.

Again, put it in open loop, clear the fuel trims and tune the car with AFR error.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Senior Tuner
    If you have a wideband then forget tuning with the STFT's/LTFT's. Your mixing two methods my friend. See the last line of my signature to tune using a wideband...its all there with pictures!
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com