Thread: Does anybody at HPTUNERS ever read the support email???!!!

Tuner in Training

Does anybody at HPTUNERS ever read the support email???!!!

I have been sending emails to [email protected] since last thursday with no response. It's as if they go into a black void. I even send read receipts and get nothing back. Now I just received my software last thursday and if this is the level of customer support you have I may have to return this and get efilive instead.

Right now I am a VERY frustrated and VERY disappointed customer who is out $500.

Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

Sorry for the inconvenience, if you post up your problem I can probably help you.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    I guess I am just the victim of bad timing then. I happened to purchase my software at a time when you guys are very busy with other things. It's nothing urgent any more. At first there was a delay between receipt of my software and my application key (I had the software for 3 days before I got the key) but that finally did come. Although it was not in response to my requests for the key it was just from the "updates" email address.

My current question has to do with what cars the scanner software can be used with. I bought the GM based VCM suite. Can the scanner only be used with GM vehicles or will it work on Fords or Dodges as well. If it works on Fords then which vehicles will it work on? All of them or just the ones you support tuning on? How bout Dodges. I know the tuning is in the works for Dodge but will the scanner work on them? Also for GM vehicles, does the scanner only work on vehicles that you support tuning on as well?

May I suggest that in the future you create an auto reply in times that you will be delayed in getting to your emails. This way customers like me will understand that they are not being ignored but that you are very busy and will get to them as soon as you can.

The scanner works with everything listed on our supported vehicles page, scanning is not licensed so if the vehicle is on this page the scanner should work. It may work with other vehicles but this is not tested.

http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

We have tried auto response previously, however all this does is increase the amount of spam we get by a factor of a million. Unfortunately this is an internet-wide issue that is not easily solved

We are working on ways to improve things in the future, with maybe an email to all registered customers etc.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I tried it on my 05 magnum and it said it can't connect without specifying at least one pid but there were only 4 in the list and none were supported.

One more question regarding credits. I have not been able to find an definitive answer to this one on your website. I have another brand of ford tuning software and when you reload the factory tune into a pcm you get your credit(s) (they don't call it credits though) back. Can this software do that or once you download the file from the pcm are your credits gone? I'd like to connect to a vehicle to play around and familiarize myself with the software but I have no desire to tune that vehicle.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
    Thanks, I tried it on my 05 magnum and it said it can't connect without specifying at least one pid but there were only 4 in the list and none were supported.

One more question regarding credits. I have not been able to find an definitive answer to this one on your website. I have another brand of ford tuning software and when you reload the factory tune into a pcm you get your credit(s) (they don't call it credits though) back. Can this software do that or once you download the file from the pcm are your credits gone? I'd like to connect to a vehicle to play around and familiarize myself with the software but I have no desire to tune that vehicle.
    Once you license a file credits are used, its up to YOU when you want to license the file though.

Meaning you can download & view your tune without using any credits, however our software will ask you every time you open the if you'd like to license it or just view it at that time.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"