Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone have a good 2 bar config file for blower car

anyone have a good 2 bar config file for blower car

here what im starting with.. its a 98 car cant seem to get the charts to go to the higher kpa..? if someone has a good one to use that would be great or spruce mine up..

Tuner
    Are you running a 2 bar enhanced OS? If so you need to do the following steps, from the help file...
    18. (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Open VCM Scanner and connect to the vehicle. Open the Table display (Scan -> Table Display). Right-click the "Manifold Air Pressure (SAE)" PID and select "Delete". This removes the existing 1 bar PID from the table, if you don't do this the histogram will not function correctly.
    19. (This step for 1/2/3 bar Speed Density enhancements only) Right-click the "Mass Air Flow(SAE)" PID and select "Delete". This removes the existing MAF PID, if you don't do this the histogram will not function correctly.
    20. (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Right-click again on the table display cell and select "Insert", go to the Engine -> Airflow section and choose either the "Manifold Air Pressure - 2 bar" or "Manifold Air Pressure - 3 bar" PID, double-click to insert it into the table.
    21. (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Save the new scanner configuration using File -> Save Config.
    22. You are now ready to tune using your new enhanced PCM.
    That should fix some of your problems.
    1999 White T/A M6. 383 LT4 YSi 697RWHP/598RWTQ
    Run your Gen1 or Gen2 SBC with the LS1 ecu
    My mods
    HP Tuners 3 Bar Enhanced OS with RTT, priceless.

well works kinda, i dont have the manifold air pressure 2 or 3 bar option pid, just manifold vaccum psi or manifold pressure volts? and when i use one of them i loose the ve a/f error in my histogram table which is very needed? am i doing something wrong here?

Tuner
    18. (This step for 2bar and 3bar enhancement only) Open VCM Scanner and connect to the vehicle. Open the Table display (Scan -> Table Display). Right-click the "Manifold Air Pressure (SAE)" PID and select "Delete". This removes the existing 1 bar PID from the table, if you don't do this the histogram will not function correctly.
    If you do not connect to the vehicle, it will not look for it. It will only show manifold vacuum psi or manifold pressure volts. You have to have the 2 or 3 bar os loaded into the vehicle as well.
    My mods

was connected to vehicle and have the 2 bar loaded as well...

Tuner
    PM replied
    My mods

dustin think for the info, seems like the 98 in a bit differant than yours, so e-mailing support about the issue or problem im having..

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...ters_gm_os.htm

NOTE: On 98 V8 vehicles there is no 2bar MAP PID. The SAE MAP PID has been reprogrammed to register the correct amount of boost. Also, due to the fact that the 98 Vehicles do not report an OS ID, the histograms will not automatically enlarge for boosted regions. You will need to create your own or load histograms from the saved folder. Pre-configured histograms for 98 2bar vehicles are located there.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

okay if reading correctly i have located the pre histograms but give me a choice of e38 2bar or 98 2bar, i choice the 98 2 bar.. but are u saying my map may not be calibrated for your pre settings? how will i know this?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by van383 View Post
    okay if reading correctly i have located the pre histograms but give me a choice of e38 2bar or 98 2bar, i choice the 98 2 bar.. but are u saying my map may not be calibrated for your pre settings? how will i know this?
    As long as you set it up for a 2 bar sensor in your editor calibration and have installed a 2 bar map sensor you shouldn't have much of an issue.

you mean a write entire for 2 bar speed os in editor? oh and got my scanner configured now too.. also is there a kpa to ps1 conversion somewhere? the tools i belive does it in vaccum.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You can switch back and forth in the scanner between psi & kpa by right clicking on the value and then units I believe.

In the VCM editor under engine diagnostic-airflow there is a constant that determines what map sensor you have ie 105kpa would be a 1 bar, 210 kpa would be 2 bar, etc.

okay got that but say i want to set up the ve table safe in higher boost levels how do i know what the kpa verses boost will be before i drive the car.. or like boost enrichment starts at 100kpa?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't understand the question, please rephrase.

i guess i need to know what kpa is in boost numbers, here is a small wot log what boost was i at?

About 6psi of boost.

thats about what i read on gauge, but you do the unit conversion in scanner and it says 20psi? any ideas on this and or how did you determine the psi from the log file?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    20psi-14.7psi of atmospheric pressure=5.3psi or ~6 psi of positive boost pressure as stated.

I always thought 1 bar was 14.7 psi until I got corrected. I began investigating and the consensus seems to be 14.5psi = 1 bar. I know we're talking about .2 psi, but am I wrong Bill?
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

I did 142kpa=20.595psi. 20.595-14.5=6.095

That's why I said about 6psi.