Thread: Case Relearn- Colorado I5

Case Relearn- Colorado I5

I've been trying to do a case relearn on my truck, and the button doesn't 'light up'- it just says not ready, and when I scan it says stop scanner and close log. I do what it says, and it just takes me in a circle to the same commands. Engine stopped, engine running. Doesn't matter.

Can I even CASE my PCM, or is it just not a feature that's available for mine?
    Hawk

I realized I forgot to check and clear codes.

I found these in my scanner, and was curious if anyone knows why I can't clear them out- also, if it's an ongoing issue is the reason I can't clear them, where should I even begin to look? THANKS in advance!!!

[Brake] U1026 - Loss of ATC Class 2 Communication (History)
    [Brake] U1064 - Loss of Communications with DIM (History)
    [Brake] U1300 - Class 2 Short to Ground (History)
    [Restraints] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    Hawk

Those DTC's might have been triggered by a PCM write cycle.
    They should go away after a few restarts.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Hi Doug! I have the same problems and have not been able to clear most of the codes. Even tried disconnecting the battery for an hour with no luck. As you can see from below, some have dropped off but some are still hanging around. Some were from putting the truck on a dyno. Any other options you can think of for clearing the codes? Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

December codes:
    [PCM] U1305 - Class 2 Data Link Low or High (History) (Immature)
    [Unknown] C0750 - (History) (Immature)
    [Unknown] C0755 - (History) (Immature)
    [Unknown] C0760 - (History) (Immature)
    [Unknown] C0765 - (History) (Immature)
    [Unknown] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
    [Unknown] U1300 - Class 2 Short to Ground (History) (Immature)
    [Entertainment] U1301 - Class 2 Short to Battery (History) (Immature)

Early April codes:
    [PCM] P0300 - Engine Misfire Detected (Immature)
    [Brake] C0040 - RF Wheel Speed Circuit Malfunction (History)
    [Brake] C0035 - LF Wheel Speed Circuit Malfunction (History)
    [Unknown] B0533 - Fuel Sensor Open/Shorted To B+ (History) (Immature)
    [Unknown] B0528 - (History) (Immature)

Late April codes:
    [Brake] C0035 - LF Wheel Speed Circuit Malfunction (History)
    [Brake] C0040 - RF Wheel Speed Circuit Malfunction (History)
    [Unknown] B0533 - Fuel Sensor Open/Shorted To B+ (History) (Immature)
    [Unknown] B0528 - (History) (Immature)
    Steve

2007 GMC Canyon Z71-4x4 | 3.7 I5-Auto | 4" Skyjacker suspension lift | 3" Performance Accessories body lift | 33x11.5x17 tires (going 35x12.5x17) | 3.73 gears | 57 K&N | BPi VS | AMS EaAU 6081 | SSK MAF Adapter | NGK AFX w/ NTK WBO2 | AMSoil fluids

THANKS!!! I'll try to NOT load a tune for about a week and see. Between what I'd read on here and elsewhere, I felt inconclusive, and it had me paranoid seeing a bunch of brake, restraint, etc codes that I've never seen.

The scanner wouldn't cause that too, would it?
    Hawk

probably has something to do with the fact that they are all BCM codes.

my truck is the same way, random Body codes that wont clear.

If we can't clear them w/ disco'ing the battery, can we clear them w/ a Tech 2, Snap on, Mac, etc? I'm perturbed that we can't even use that function (case relearn) and that the clear function only works on a category of codes in the scanner- kind of misleading in the sense of code clearing.

On a side note, I just scanned our grand am for a quick CEL flash that my fiance told me about, and the thing lit up like a Christmas tree with all the B and U codes. Only one that would clear was the code that tripped the mil.
    Hawk

yes it is flustrating to me too. i dont know why it cant clear some of the codes, the only thing that made sense to me was because they are stored in the BCM and the PCM is pulling them from their upon request and since we cant clear BCM codes with HPtuners thats the problem. i could be wrong, thats just my theory.

i know a snap on scanner wont even pick up MOST of the body codes the HPtuners scanner does on my truck. i have a snap on modis aswell and it clears all of the body and powertrain codes that it see's. then i can pull them right afterwards with the HPscanner and theres still body codes. i think even though our trucks are supported they havent done all the work to give us the features of the other vehicles with more following.

I've figured it out!

If all of us w/ I5/6's swap in an LSx, we'll cease to be red headed stepchildren, and won't have any more support issues!

I'm done being a wise ass for the night I have to hand credit to them for pulling codes that the Mac scanner I was using didn't even pick up.

Any ideas if the HPT scanner interfacing will cause the codes as well?
    Hawk

the interface shouldnt be causing false codes, but theres no telling. i would email support about this.

I'll give that a shot- I scanned for the first time since Mon or Tues today, and they were still there. I've had to of started/restarted at least 20-30 times since then.
    Hawk

FYI fellas- I am using the latest Beta, and the Case Relearn procedure went beautifully. No more oddball codes (I just d/l'd the beta Monday) preventing the feature from being used, and I just loaded a tune last night.

Granted I'm going by the ol' butt dyno, but the truck seemed much more responsive below 2500 rpm when the tires hooked and I kept out of the throttle too hard- above that I couldn't get any traction (26+ inche of snow in the last 2 weeks).

Thanks again to Chris, Bill, and everyone else working on making the world a friendlier place for the 355.
    Hawk