Thread: LS4 VSS out

Potential Tuner

LS4 VSS out

Is there any way to change the VSS output from serial to frequency so I can drive a speedometer directly? I've seen this option for some of the V6 cars, but I don't see anything in the LS4 editor. Maybe the E40 doesn't have this ability?

Tuner in Training Doch Fiero 3.4's Avatar
    Doch Fiero 3.4.Dohc Fiero 3.4
    Pontiac Fiero 1987 GT engine swap montecarlo 3.4 LQ1 1997 the engine is stock,cold air aintake,disabled egr,deleted automatic gearbox used a 5 speed manual getrag,deletet cat and NB O2 sensors deleted using LC-1 wideband with the XD 16 gauge
    thing that i'm good @ http://www.slide.com/r/FiBEY-407z_ES...t_embedded_url

ls4 speedo in fiero

I ran into same problem E67 pcm sends all information to bcm then to cluster through a high speed data line and for swaps that sucks
    so i used autometer speedo ES series #5988 speedo and spliced wire INTO orange wire vss signal runs between pcm terminal 66 on C3 connector and tcm terminal 5 calibrate as per instructions
    used tach ES series #5997 used the ES series because it matches number style closely and is red back lit as is fiero gauges
    took autometer guages apart and mounted them in factory location in fiero dash behind stock lens
    tried to upload pic's ??? for more pic's e-mail me [email protected]
    Last edited by 2M8; 08-22-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: add pic
    IT'S GOT TO HAVE PUSH RODS TO BE A REAL STREETROD