Thread: New Laptop, Inteface not found

Tuner in Training

New Laptop, Inteface not found

I used my old IBM to program my C5 many times, now I finally upgraded to a better laptop, loaded the software, copied the config from my old computer. I have the pro logger.
    When I try to connect it says, Interface not found.
    My old laptop is right here, it connects fine.
    I can see the license on the old laptop, no license on the new. Why won't it connect?????

Tuner in Training
    This should be an easy one... Anyone ???

Advanced Tuner
    download and install the drivers

Tuner in Training
    OK, download USB to serial function, download HPT drivers, reboot, still will not work, uninstall and reinstall HPT, reboot, OK, OK, I think it works finally. Yes, it found the license. Thanks for the input. It should be easy, the old IBM workhorse is making this new HP look bad. Now I just have to get the pro logger interface to work, I don't see it on the scan menu.

Tuner in Training
    Now I can connect, but it won't scan any data when the car is running.
    I can find the license, but cannot log any data. What's up??
    My Scan menu does not have the Pro Data Logger either. This all worked fine with the old laptop. With this new HP it won't download anything from the data logger, because it is not in the menu. I would appreciate any help, I have read every word in the help files 5 times, but there is nothing relating to this. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    If you are running vista there are some stickies that will get you rollin!!

Tuner in Training
    XP, it should be easy, it is an HP laptop. I have uninstalled and installed the HPTuner software, loaded the serial to USB driver. It connects to the car, but won't scan any data. Is there some extra step to load MVPI Pro data logger?

Tuner in Training
    We are making progress. I can scan now, I loaded the default config and it works, the config that I copied from my old computer must be bad. Now the scanner works, but it does not have the Pro data logger in the menu, it will scan from the car with the key on, but it does not see the pro data logger. What do I need to set up the data logger so it shows up as a menu choice?????

Tuner in Training
    IT WORKS !!!!!! I reloaded the sodtware and updated to 2.22 and now the data logger is in the menu. Thanks to everyone for the input.