Thread: chrysler ecm hacking

Tuner in Training

chrysler ecm hacking

ive pulled apart and downloaded quiet a few chrysler binarys. after a exstensive look around the ecm i seem to be faced with a BIOS that looks to be a method of rom srcambling. ive been attempting to monitor the flash i/o of the bios and the i/o from teh bios to the mcu. so far ive had zero luck with figuring out the routines that they are using to lock the data up. any thoughts or suggestions ?i was running a decryption algorythm and waiting to see if it it would hit some keys but no luck there. even when i read the bytes in and out i still cant make sense of them. my thinking is that chyrsler has MCU messages (in the boot loader)that page the bios. the bios reads the ( encrypted flash ) and then sends the data back. the hard part is figuring out which chip says what ?

Tuner in Training

Re: chrysler ecm hacking

Did you ever have any luck with this? My company is presently seeking Chrysler reprogramming capabilities to go with some performance products we have in the pipe. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Scott

Potential Tuner

WHat I have found on the 96 and newer Ram's is there are 2 flash chips... 28F010. one for even bytes, one for odd, so they make up a 16 bit wide flash.
    The primary CPU is a Motorola 68HC16Z2. that does all the communications, and also controls comms to the other 2 CPU's, a 68HC11D3 for fuel and a 68HC11K4 for ignition. I am also trying to hack the PCM so I can re-flash via the Iso bus, but not making much headway... so far, I have been able to remove the flash chips, socket the board and split the bin files with srecord off Sourceforge, program the chips and pop them back in and it works.
    I am also looking to figure out the table layout so I can modify the tables for performance etc.

Tuner in Training

We really need Dodge Viper read/write to stock ECU for both gen 2 and gen 3 model years. A fortune awaits the person that successfully produces these capabilities. If someone out there has a jump on this but needs some backing/resources, contact me off-line.

Robert / Gen 3 Motorsports LLC

[email protected]