Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giveaway: Greg Banish's Book "Engine Management: Advanced Tuning"

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Woo Hoo!!!! Can't wait to get to reading!!

when your done send it to me

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Just picked the winner.

SkullV

Congratulations. Sent you a PM asking for shipping details.
    That is really nice of you to do that... Good karma is hopefully coming your way.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.

Got the book in the mail! It's very comprehensive and has great photos and examples! Thanks again man you are a class act!
    Ted/SkullV
    2005 Redline CTS-V

Tuner
    In all honesty I was a bit disappointed in Banish's first book on EFI Tuning- the book that you are giving away.
    The book is almost all theory and about calculations, not about real world tuning. The section on specific GM LS1/3800 MAF based system tuning is also thin.
    While the book is well written, informative and it contained some good info, I would have appreciated more info on how to tune. Even some basic things like an explanation of the sections of a program, what they do and how they interface with each other and how they can be changed to fit a particular application would have been beneficial. Thankfully at the bottom of the HP Tuners editing program is an explanation of each table, what it does and the effect of the changes.
    While Greg Banish is no doubt a very skilled tuner, I believe that he would have had more success with a book that explained how to go about the tuning process from start to finish....evaluation, choosing software, how to use the software, scanning, using a WB, interpreting results, then editing and making changes.
    Last edited by dlagrua; 07-11-2009 at 08:29 AM.

Did you honestly expect a mass marketed book to contain a "hold your hand" click-by-click instructions for tuning with your exact software on your exact car? The publisher required that I put something together that could appeal to a very wide range of readers and give them all something to learn from. The result is what you see, where the fundamental principals of tuning are clearly laid out and can be applied to just about any system. To make it any more specific to a single system would limit the potential market to the publisher. The book was never advertised as the user's manual for HPT, but it should provide excellent direction on the general process and reasons WHY the tuner should use certain strategies. There's a lot more to "tuning" than just copy/pasting from some internet source of questionable accuracy.

If you're looking for very specific, step by step instruction for tuning your GM vehicle using either HPT or EFIlive, may I suggest that you look at my upcoming DVD. (Click here for the complete thread on the DVD) Those who purchase this disc and want even more detailed instruction can also apply 100% of its price toward one of my Advanced GM Training classes within one year as well.

Senior Tuner
    5_Liter_Eater - Thanks for the opportunity. This was a simple, yet great idea. Your pressence on here is much appreciated. Keep up the good work!

SkullV - Don't forget the Greg Banish DVD will be available from Summit Racing in Aug. '09 (tentatively) and yet another new book will be available to go along with the one you are soon to aquire in just a few shorts months.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dlagrua View Post
    In all honesty I was a bit disappointed in Banish's first book on EFI Tuning- the book that you are giving away.
    The book is almost all theory and about calculations, not about real world tuning. The section on specific GM LS1/3800 MAF based system tuning is also thin.
    While the book is well written, informative and it contained some good info, I would have appreciated more info on how to tune. Even some basic things like an explanation of the sections of a program, what they do and how they interface with each other and how they can be changed to fit a particular application would have been beneficial. Thankfully at the bottom of the HP Tuners editing program is an explanation of each table, what it does and the effect of the changes.
    While Greg Banish is no doubt a very skilled tuner, I believe that he would have had more success with a book that explained how to go about the tuning process from start to finish....evaluation, choosing software, how to use the software, scanning, using a WB, interpreting results, then editing and making changes.
    Boo hoo! A $20 Amazon.com book isn't going to teach you how to tune. Should have read the book description? Lol Remember that theory also teaches you the "why" to change peramiters outside of the click by click instruction new members are seeking on here daily for free.

Put you $ where you mouth is...

WWW.THETUNINGSCHOOL.COM

OR

Soon to be available...

If you really want to aquire an Hp Tuners specific tuning investment from Greg Banish himself: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22788
    Last edited by Cantalope Kid; 07-12-2009 at 11:19 PM.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid View Post
    5_Liter_Eater - Thanks for the opportunity. This was a simple, yet great idea. Your pressence on here is much appreciated. Keep up the good work!

SkullV - Don't forget the Greg Banish DVD will be available from Summit Racing in Aug. '09 (tentatively) and yet another new book will be available to go along with the one you are soon to aquire in just a few shorts months.
    I am VERY interested in the DVD but for $250 I'm going to have to pass on it. I already have the basic tuning school course but I got it as a gift and have NO idea how I'm going to get the updated stuff.
    Ted/SkullV
    2005 Redline CTS-V