Thread: GXP tuning questions

GXP tuning questions

A friend of mine has a 07 GXP with some bolt on mods and a mail order tune. He wants me to tune his car. Most of my experience with HPT is Jbody's, but I have done my dad's 05 Silverado.

I was looking over his GXP tune. I do not see any VE tables. Are there not any? Are the GXP's strictely MAF?

Also no tables to turn off closed loop??

Any tips would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by JMHZ2401 View Post
    A friend of mine has a 07 GXP with some bolt on mods and a mail order tune. He wants me to tune his car. Most of my experience with HPT is Jbody's, but I have done my dad's 05 Silverado.

I was looking over his GXP tune. I do not see any VE tables. Are there not any? Are the GXP's strictely MAF?

Any tips would be great.
    I may be wrong on this, but if I remember correctly we don't have access to the VE tables because there are so many of them. One for ever degree of cam change on the intake and exhaust cams. Tuning right now is done purely with the MAF, the air load tables, torque management, etc.

Advanced Tuner

Any tips would be great.
    VE tables are not there and should not be needed because the car has a factory wideband sensor not a narrowband O2. Because of this the A/F will always where as you command it assuming your MAF tables are dialed in properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    VE tables are not there and should not be needed because the car has a factory wideband sensor not a narrowband O2. Because of this the A/F will always where as you command it assuming your MAF tables are dialed in properly.
    Thanks. Also thanks Ryan and I will be calling you today.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks. Also thanks Ryan and I will be calling you today.
    Your welcome.