Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Mind Sharing A Tuned A6 File?

I tried it with TQM disabled for upshifts and downshifts.

Upshifts...very noticable, even slow speed/low throttle shifts were firm, not harsh, probably a little too firm for my tastes. WOT it shifts crisply, although about the same as with my reduced TQM (about 50%)

Downshifts...I didn't notice much of a difference...it was a little faster and it came on a bit harder. Not sure if I am going to leave it disabled.

Senior Tuner
    John, I'm in about the same situation as you. I have found no reduction in advance at shift even with .50% STF. I would like to see some. Still getting lots of retard at the start of my log where I downshift to 2nd gear.

I find if I export the file and open with MS Works spread sheet you can read each frame much easier.
    Last edited by 8850; 07-27-2009 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    G8 shifts on a mixture of magic...
    Thanks, johnh. I'm cool with that as long as I'm not the only one chalking it up to mysterious forces.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    John, I'm in about the same situation as you. I have found no reduction in advance at shift even with .50% STF. I would like to see some. Still getting lots of retard at the start of my log where I downshift to 2nd gear.

I find if I export the file and open with MS Works spread sheet you can read each frame much easier.
    tried to look at your vette a6 tune but it keeps saying index was outside the bounds of the array i'm an extreme newbie looking for a good starting point for my 08 vette,any ideas how to veiw? TIA

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by da vette guy View Post
    tried to look at your vette a6 tune but it keeps saying index was outside the bounds of the array i'm an extreme newbie looking for a good starting point for my 08 vette,any ideas how to veiw? TIA
    Email support for beta 2.23.

Tuner in Training
    Email support for beta 2.23.
    Thanks

This isn't much, but I wanted to try to give a little back. Haven't seen this mentioned...

Got rid of an annoyance with my TCC. In the "Apply/Release Speed" tables for 5th and 6th gear (in a G8 tune), the apply and release speeds are the same at 0 TPS. 42 MPH. I drive over some gentle hills right around that speed with closed throttle just about every day. My TCC used to lock, unlock, lock, unlock... You can hardly feel it once. But over and over you start to notice. I increased the 0 TPS and 6 TPS apply speeds to 44 MPH. Made the change a week ago and haven't felt it since.

Advanced Tuner
    Well Shane And I Figured Something Out With The 6l80e's Over The Last Couple Of Nights.

If You Are Getting Stupid Shifts Where The Transmission Is Not Acting As It Should Try To Do The Following.

Open The Scanner And Connect To The Car, Then Go Into The Vehicle Control Section And Reset The Transmission Adaptive Values And The Transmission Quick Learn Adaptive Values Along With Your Fuel Trims.

I Guess Over Time And Through Learning The Adaptive Transmission Controller Was Getting Mixed Info Or Corrupted Info Causing Some Issues.

Once I Cleared Those Controllers The Car Is Now Shifting Like It Should.

Sounds like a good thing to do
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

Yep, just tried it at lunch. My 1-2 now shifts where its supposed too. Great Tip!
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyws6 View Post
    Well Shane And I Figured Something Out With The 6l80e's Over The Last Couple Of Nights.

If You Are Getting Stupid Shifts Where The Transmission Is Not Acting As It Should Try To Do The Following.

Open The Scanner And Connect To The Car, Then Go Into The Vehicle Control Section And Reset The Transmission Adaptive Values And The Transmission Quick Learn Adaptive Values Along With Your Fuel Trims.

I Guess Over Time And Through Learning The Adaptive Transmission Controller Was Getting Mixed Info Or Corrupted Info Causing Some Issues.

The trans behaves far more consistently after doing a "Fast Learn Adapts" sequence too. During this process the trans cycles each clutch through a set of apply/release actions at various rpms and sets the adapt clutch volume indexes for that transmission and its clutch volumes and pressure characteristics.

GM procedure says this needs to be done after every time a new calibration is flashed in, though cant imagine doing this cycle every flash. Maybe HPT knows whether the "fast learn" is required only after a calibration flash versus a full OS "Write Entire" flash which only a Tech II can do anyway.

Advanced Tuner

Yep worked for me and glad it worked for you

Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    Yep, just tried it at lunch. My 1-2 now shifts where its supposed too. Great Tip!
    good to hear
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Senior Tuner

I assume this is done in park with engine idling?

Advanced Tuner
    I assume this is done in park with engine idling?
    i did mine this way yes..
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Adaptive Transmission Controller

Can anyone provide a little more insight into what the Adaptive Transmission Controller is changing in the tune.

How do we know what we set int he tables stays the way we set it and what is adjusted by the helpful adaptive controls of the TCM?
    2009 Cyber Gray C6 Coupe, A6, F55 Shocks, Z51 Brakes

Halltech Killer Bee, Comp Springs, Kooks 1.75 Long Tube Headers, Random Technologies Cats, .25" Tunnel Plate, RPM 3.42 Rear, 2600 Stall TC.

Great thread, I made my first A6 tune today and used 8850's as a baseline. I guess I need to get more information as to what all the actual settings and tables directly impact. Some of it seems ambiguous to me.

May be silly but is there a way to import just a section of a tune from someone elses tune into yours?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee06 View Post
    Great thread, I made my first A6 tune today and used 8850's as a baseline. I guess I need to get more information as to what all the actual settings and tables directly impact. Some of it seems ambiguous to me.

May be silly but is there a way to import just a section of a tune from someone elses tune into yours?

Thanks

There is a compare feature in HP Tuners. Read up on it's use. You basically open your tune then open the tune in compare that you want to compare to. If you see something you like use the copy over feature to copy into your tune. You can copy a segment or the complete tune. Be sure to rename your tune as to not mess up your original version.

Quote Originally Posted by RLSEBRING View Post
    There is a compare feature in HP Tuners. Read up on it's use. You basically open your tune then open the tune in compare that you want to compare to. If you see something you like use the copy over feature to copy into your tune. You can copy a segment or the complete tune. Be sure to rename your tune as to not mess up your original version.
    Aye I use that all the time. I was thinking on a greater scale than just one table at a time. More like an entire section, like just the transmission part or a sub category of it. I'm actually more fearful to miss stuff doing it one by one. I've noticed the tables also show as different a lot when there are no differences to be seen, by me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee06 View Post
    Aye I use that all the time. I was thinking on a greater scale than just one table at a time. More like an entire section, like just the transmission part or a sub category of it. I'm actually more fearful to miss stuff doing it one by one. I've noticed the tables also show as different a lot when there are no differences to be seen, by me at least.

Instead of just copying over each table you can copy over the entire tune as well. If I remember right instead of each folder just click the transmission folder at the top of the tree and copy over and the whole thing goes.

Bumblebee06, I've noticed reported differences that didn't really look different, also. You might try the "Increase Precision" button. Adds more numbers after the decimal. I've seen some differences that only showed up if you looked at 0.01's or 0.001's or beyond.