Thread: Accelerometer PIDs

Accelerometer PIDs

Any chance that I can collect accelerometer (G meter) data via a PID when I am using MPVI Pro?

I am trying to use the Scanner and MPVI Pro to log engine data and selected gear, g meter, etc ... Gives me a basic tool for track tuning.

I expect that there is multi-axis gyro and accelerometer data is available on the CAN somewhere. Seems like if I had the PIDs I could get what I want?

Just a guess.
    2009 Cyber Gray C6 Coupe, A6, F55 Shocks, Z51 Brakes

Halltech Killer Bee, Comp Springs, Kooks 1.75 Long Tube Headers, Random Technologies Cats, .25" Tunnel Plate, RPM 3.42 Rear, 2600 Stall TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wendling View Post
    Any chance that I can collect accelerometer (G meter) data via a PID when I am using MPVI Pro?

I am trying to use the Scanner and MPVI Pro to log engine data and selected gear, g meter, etc ... Gives me a basic tool for track tuning.

I expect that there is multi-axis gyro and accelerometer data is available on the CAN somewhere. Seems like if I had the PIDs I could get what I want?

Just a guess.

BUMP
    I’m in the same boat; I’d like to use the accelerometer to determine shift points, but am unable to connect to MPVI Pro.

Senior Tuner
    That's likely a BCM or ABS scanning function so I wouldn't hold my breath for any specialized support for those modules.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    all kinds of really cheap Accelerometers on ebay.you would either have to find a way to calibrate or just use comparative data to evaluate changes in tune or equipment.

I just connected my Arduino Uno using a cheap 3 axis accelerometer. It calibrates itself internally, however, I think the cal could be improved, since if you calibrate it on an uneven surface, say at 0.1g, it will basically subtract that value from the reading, so you end up with only 0.9g as a max for that axis... perfect code would still know 0g is 0g and 1g is 1g even when balanced on an angle, but this would take quite a bit more math... I haven't messed with that part yet but plan to. My old Gtech pro shows a full 1 g even if it's calibrated at weird angles.

This is a Arduino calibration code thing, just needs to be optimized.

I have it set to take the output from the accellerometer on an analog input and re scale the PWM outputs to show PWM resulting in 1.75v, as 0g in HPTuners, 0v is -1g, and 3.5v is 1g.

Not sure how useful it will be... but something to play with.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I spent maybe $20 total on this.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Where is Z axis? Yea thats about what it costs. Even less if you get everything from Ebay/China.

$9.72 shipped is what it costs from China/Ebay.

1) Arduino Nano $4.72;
    2) 3axis accelleromter, MMA 7361/7260: $5.00.

Playing with Arduino: Free.