Thread: Adding to MAF curve LEANS out vehicle

Potential Tuner

Adding to MAF curve LEANS out vehicle

This is a weird one; hopefully I'm just missing something small. The main mods are 2010 Camaro with a whipple running Injector dynamics 850

I get into finally doing passes on the dyno, and the car is too lean at WOT. Add to the MAF curve make it go LEANER at WOT . It does this consistently. I have included 2 maps and the scans on the dyno associated with each. The car behaves as you'd expect everywhere until going WOT. In the log, you can see the MAF lb/min increase drastically between these 2 passes (I was getting frustrated and thew a ton at the MAF curve here, as you case by comparing the 2 calibrations). In this case, you can even see the O2 volts swing due to it going lean (after ADDING to the curve)

It pulls cleanly, (i.e. its not reading lean from a misfire, definitely no misses).

I eventually ended up getting the car running, for now, by disabling the MAF and running it off of the calibrated VVE table. However, this is obviously a problem and I don't want to leave the car that way without at least knowing what's going on.

Any thoughts would be great
    Attached Files Attached Files

Are you tuning this setup without a wideband? The tune is in closed loop? How are you tuning? You have way too many PID's (Stay below 24)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    I am using our in house dyno dynamics dyno with a solid autronic wideband. I added pids during diagnosing this issue, these are the logs that I had to share with a clear indication of the symptom. I tuned the MAF and vve tables for cruise as well, closed loop is on in cruise, its going into PE mode at WOT.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Thats very strange the o2 would report that. convert to OL and disable DFCO, how is your fuel pressure?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161