Thread: Idle Airflow.AC Airflow - Ramp In / Ramp Out

Idle Airflow.AC Airflow - Ramp In / Ramp Out

I'm confused about the AC Airflow tables in the Idle Airflow section.

For the Ramp In table, the mouse over says "The idle airflow ramp in step size after the AC clutch releases" while the Ramp Out table says "The idle airflow ramp out step size after the AC clutch is applied".

I would expect that engaging the clutch ("clutch is applied") would require more air therefore a ramp in of air would be needed. This implies the opposite.

What am I missing here?

Anyone?

Man, I am SO not feelin' the love here.

Advanced Tuner
    Because noone understands these tables? I never touch them. They dont make sense to me either.

Things work backwards here sometimes. Try both ways and find that the ECM doesn't listen anyway. As some Corvette owners have found with AC items. There are also some tables 'missing' for AC and cooling. I assume this is like job back burner.

It is possible the airflow ramps up before the clutch applies. I have seen this happen in my logs. So tables missing of 'pre-clutch in ramp up' and then shown table ramp back out with clutch running?
    Last edited by WarWagon; 05-31-2009 at 02:49 AM.

Thanks. It's either the tables are backwards or their labeled backwards in the software. Either way, I'd like to add more air when the compresser engages, but I can't seem to find where that's done. I've tried bumping up both tables, and it had no effect.

I think you might be right, that some tables might not be exposed.

Tuner
    Anyone have any updates to this? Im working on this also and was hoping to clarify what these options do. They still look to be backwards in my mind. running 3.2.61