Thread: MAF Tuning

Tuner in Training

MAF Tuning

Ok so I have the tune to where I kind of want it to be. However I want an 11.6 AFR but I am having to command a 12.6 to get it there and I belive the maf is the reason for that. However this is now my 4th day using hptuners So any input is appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Altiery54 View Post
    Ok so I have the tune to where I kind of want it to be. However I want an 11.6 AFR but I am having to command a 12.6 to get it there and I belive the maf is the reason for that. However this is now my 4th day using hptuners So any input is appreciated
    What kind of car are you tuning? Is it the stock intake? If it is an aftermarket intake the MAF is probably skewed ( by 8% in this case).

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    What kind of car are you tuning? Is it the stock intake? If it is an aftermarket intake the MAF is probably skewed ( by 8% in this case).
    07 ss s/c with a tvs. aftermarket intake. from what i am told i want to take what my actual afr is on the wideband say 10.9 then divide it by my desired which is 11.6 then use that % factor to adjust my maf tables. correct?

Advanced Tuner
    07 ss s/c with a tvs. aftermarket intake. from what i am told i want to take what my actual afr is on the wideband say 10.9 then divide it by my desired which is 11.6 then use that % factor to adjust my maf tables. correct?
    You got it.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome Now I need some 110 octane or meth only running about 17 degrees of timing

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome Now I need some 110 octane or meth only running about 17 degrees of timing
    If you are running 93 octane you may be able to run more timing if you make sure your timing table is a very smooth ramp and make sure your fueling is fixed. I am more familiar with tuning the LNF ( turbo) Cobalts though but IIRC there are people running 22-23* on the Eaton blower SC Cobalts.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    If you are running 93 octane you may be able to run more timing if you make sure your timing table is a very smooth ramp and make sure your fueling is fixed. I am more familiar with tuning the LNF ( turbo) Cobalts though but IIRC there are people running 22-23* on the Eaton blower SC Cobalts.
    This is true however I am pushing through 40 lbs/min through the MAF and obviously I am s/c so it's heating up quickly. after a run down the 1320 I am seeing about 139 iat2's

Advanced Tuner
    This is true however I am pushing through 40 lbs/min through the MAF and obviously I am s/c so it's heating up quickly. after a run down the 1320 I am seeing about 139 iat2's
    Need a HE or a bigger IC definately.

Tuner in Training
    Ya I have a bigger H/E just need some methanol to bump octane and cool the intake charge

hey man long time no see lol i havnt seen u since u were on css.net.... i see you got a tvs as well... im still messin with mine.... learned alittle about maf tuning in this thread thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhdpaintball View Post
    hey man long time no see lol i havnt seen u since u were on css.net.... i see you got a tvs as well... im still messin with mine.... learned alittle about maf tuning in this thread thanks!
    nice to see you as well It is very interesting learning all this just want my car to be happy

yea i hear that... soo much info to take in when u first start... it really helps when u have someone just sit down or talk you through as much as possible

Tuner in Training
    I know the timing map should be a gradual increase instead of a rapid vamp on numbers but the numbers in the middle how are they derived or what are they calculated from? As to my understanding the higher timing in the middle creates higher cylindar pressure and then that's what gives you the great MPG.

Partial throttle tuning the LSJ can someone possibly lay it out or point me towards some litterature that is benificial