Thread: C6 with procharger

C6 with procharger

I don't have the car with me so I'm not sure if car is a '07 or a '08, they also have a Z06 that they told me it was a 2008 but it was a '07.

First, the kit came with these injectors that procharger people kindly scratched the part number so I can only guess what they are: (sorry for the ass cell photo)

Does anyone know which injectors are those and may have tables for them? (they are bosch but smaller than a ev14 one)

Second, I've read once that there was some OS updates made by HP that would not require to scale these cars but could not find the thread now.

Senior Tuner
    If the injectors flow less than 63.5# at max kPa, then you won't need to scale, and you could apply the 2.5 bar OS upgrade, which will give you a 15k Hz limit on the MAF transfer, and 1024 g/sec airflow range.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    If the injectors flow less than 63.5# at max kPa, then you won't need to scale, and you could apply the 2.5 bar OS upgrade, which will give you a 15k Hz limit on the MAF transfer, and 1024 g/sec airflow range.
    Yes, I've finally found the thread chris created, I'm pretty new on the gm tuning but applying Ford tuning procedures via MAF only tunes with mild supercharged trucks worked pretty well so far, never had to do an OS upgrade so my main doubt is, can I use a 2.5 bar upgrade with the stock MAP sensor as long as I keep the MAP slope and offeset stock?

This is the base 5-6 psi kit.

Any idea on what injectors are those?

those's look just like the 57# that I got with my kit. My car is an 07. If they have an 08, you're going to have to buy a fuel rail spacer kit and wiring adapters, or new injectors, as the LS3 injectors are quite a bit shorter than the LS2 injectors, and have a different plug.
    Last edited by AtomicVette; 05-22-2009 at 08:02 PM.

I think the 57's you are referring to are GT500 injectors that are EV14's and flow about 57lb/hr @ 4bar that look exactly the same (even same o-ring colors) but are a bit larger (but shorter than an EV6), these injectors I've got are even smaller, they are really tiny and have USCAR connectors.

Senior Tuner
    Well if these injectors come with the procharger kit wouldn't that make your answer a phone call away? Procharger's phone #?
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

just went out and looked at mine, you're right yours appear to be a little shorter. I called Procharger when I bought my kit, they told me that they ship the FAST 57# injectors with their C6 LS2 kit. The size of that bottom o-ring is definitely the LS2 size, so that's why I figured yours were the same.

Here's a little reference sheet I made when I was trying to get all mine lined out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid View Post
    Well if these injectors come with the procharger kit wouldn't that make your answer a phone call away? Procharger's phone #?
    Two things, one, I'm overseas, two, I don't think they are too inclined into disclose that info (as stupid as that may sound) when they purposely scratched last numbers of each and every injector part number. All they say is "0 280 158 xxx".

Is obvious that they are bosch units, I was just looking if someone was familiar with them, a couple of days back, I had to tune two supercharged tahoes and they came with injectors, as soon as I saw them, knew they were GT500 ones so I knew where to get the inj data, I had one of the trucks close enough with the stock injector up to the rpm they gave up, did the conversion, plugged the new values in and an small correction and I was done.
    Last edited by lito; 05-22-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicVette View Post
    just went out and looked at mine, you're right yours appear to be a little shorter. I called Procharger when I bought my kit, they told me that they ship the FAST 57# injectors with their C6 LS2 kit. The size of that bottom o-ring is definitely the LS2 size, so that's why I figured yours were the same.

Here's a little reference sheet I made when I was trying to get all mine lined out.

The car has an LS3 and the kit is for 08 so we will see if they do fit or not. Thanks for the chart.

Advanced Tuner
    The Procharger injectors for the C6 vette are 60lb injectors. I just tuned one a couple months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsrt4 View Post
    The Procharger injectors for the C6 vette are 60lb injectors. I just tuned one a couple months back.
    that's a pretty general statement, since there are 2 different motors in the base C6, I can tell you for a fact that the ones that come with the LS3 kit are 60's and the ones that come with the LS2 kit are 57's I've talked to Procharger about this multiple times.
    Last edited by AtomicVette; 05-25-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicVette View Post
    that's a pretty general statement, since there are 2 different motors in the base C6, I can tell you for a fact that the ones that come with the LS3 kit are 60's and the ones that come with the LS2 kit are 57's I've talked to Procharger about this multiple times.

You are right. However, for the sake of this thread i was referring to the LS2 motor. Don't trust Procharger. They are 60lb/hr injectors. It is what we received in the box and what the IFR tables were set to in the tune. Don't trust Procharger for anything, there job is to sell a product and that is it. Their knowledge base, at least on this kit, is pathetic and their tune is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsrt4 View Post
    You are right. However, for the sake of this thread i was referring to the LS2 motor. Don't trust Procharger. They are 60lb/hr injectors. It is what we received in the box and what the IFR tables were set to in the tune. Don't trust Procharger for anything, there job is to sell a product and that is it. Their knowledge base, at least on this kit, is pathetic and their tune is even worse.
    Okay, I'll agree with you there...

I did also call FAST who also said they supplied the 57's for the procharger LS2 system, however as you stated before in the context of this thread is a moot point. and 3lb difference may be neither her nor there in the actual tuning.

Advanced Tuner
    hi guys,

I've also here a 2005 M6 Ls2 Corvette where I put under the hood the Procharger kit.
    it runs pretty well, but after I watched Greg's DVD I'm trying to improve the tune with the finest trick he well trained there.
    so, now, the Pro-charger supplied the 57 lbs Fast injectors, according to the box where the injector were packed.
    I only scaled the FLOW vs KPA table, anything else.
    as TEXSRT4 says, I should use the 60lbs Greg's table to do a great job?
    if yes, the 60 tall or short?
    if not, someone has the 57lbs Fast data to share?

thanks!

best regards.