Thread: New everything...lots of codes

Tuner in Training

New everything...lots of codes

Forged LS2 402, 9:1 compression, Ported Fast 90, ported 90 TB, ported TSP heads milled 30 over, hardened pushrods, comp cams 610 lift cam on 114 lsa, STS twin GT32's shootin for 14 lbs, 2 bar map, FMIC, racetronix and BAP in my 02 Z06.
    Trying to put in a new tune. It will idle for about 30 seconds very nicely then it pops codes P1514,P103,P106 and all kinds of other stuff like convenience and window switch or something like that.....basically it just dies.
    Could someone see if they can spot anything obvious and help me out?
    Thanks,Jerry
    Last edited by jmoody66; 05-21-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    02 EB Mod Red, Forged 402, Ported Fast 90 & Ported 90 TB, CNC Heads, Built MN6 trans, Built Diff, DTE, Pfadt Trans Brace, Pfadt Motor Mounts, STS TT (Garrett GT32 turbos) @ 11lbs, STS air bridge, Tial BOV, Tial ext wastegate, FMIC, HP Tuners, K&N, B&M shifter, boost gauge on A-pillar panel, 60lb injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump

Very obvious for someone who's done FI tunes before. "Maybe you need a refresher course, it's all ball bearings these days." - Fletch

Since you've disabled the MAF via setting the MAF Fail High to 0 you need to set the P0103 to no error reported.

Since you have a 2 bar MAP go into engine diag, airflow, P0106 Error MAP Calculated MAX and fill in the table with whatever your expected max MAP is plus a little more.

1514 comes from the Engine diag, General, Calc Airflow - P1514/P0068 Error table. You will need to raise these values as well. Start by doubling the table to keep from tripping the code. You can leave it there but ideally you "should" tune this table after you have the base tune done by lsetting up a histo to log the g/cyl against this table to see your max numbers and then add 10%. Reason being is that this table is a failsafe for the ETC. If there is a malfunction and your throttle goes WOT for no reason this table shuts it down and puts you into reduced engine power mode.

HTH
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    Bill,
    Thank you very much for your help. Will apply all and see where it goes.
    Jerry
    02 EB Mod Red, Forged 402, Ported Fast 90 & Ported 90 TB, CNC Heads, Built MN6 trans, Built Diff, DTE, Pfadt Trans Brace, Pfadt Motor Mounts, STS TT (Garrett GT32 turbos) @ 11lbs, STS air bridge, Tial BOV, Tial ext wastegate, FMIC, HP Tuners, K&N, B&M shifter, boost gauge on A-pillar panel, 60lb injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump

Tuner in Training
    Ok here is an update.. I multiplied the 1514 table by 2 and the car for the first time would idle for more than 20 seconds before dying! But eventually the car would die and go back into reduced power because of that code.. I would times by 2 and each time it would die a little later than the first but now my box is maxed out and still goes into reduced power mode.. Weird..

I have only able to tune the VE table at idle because i cant get the car to move more than 2 feet without dying but the car idles really nice now and can be revved and finds idle quickly as well..
    To try something different, the car was idling nice and i pushed the car in to let it roll down the drive way and it dyed from the car just moving???

There are a ton of brake codes and convenience codes so not sure if some of those are causing a problem?

here is another tune and scan file.

Here is my old Procharged '99 Vette file. It may help. Looks like I maxed out the 1514 table. Can you post a screenshot of the remaining DTC's?
    Bill Winters

Are you using a wide band? I ask because you're in closed loop.

If you're tuning the VE you should set the P0103 to MIK on first error. If you don't want to see the check engine light from that then uncheck the SES Enable box. Setting P0103 to No MIL Light may keep it from failing the MAF and using the VE. As long as you're seeing the P0103 in the DTC list then you're OK.
    Bill Winters

I'm thinking your dying problem is related to the brake DTC's you're seeing.
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    ill look around and see if i have anything disconnected because im thinking the same thing

Sounds like the EBCM is unplugged or something of that nature.

You got mail...
    Always Support Our Troops!

I had the exact sme thing happen the other day on a turbo lq4. I ended up just maxing out the p1415 table and setting that dtc to no error reported. I think the ve table being so far off really screws this calculation up. After i get the VE table dialed in, I'll go back and fugure out the p1415 table. It will let you drive the car with this dtc set to "no error repprted" so you can dial in that ve table.