Thread: 09 TBSS ETC issue.

09 TBSS ETC issue.

i tried my first 09 TBSS tonight, and it did the oddest thing!

once in a while, with no correlation to anything i can see, the car will just cut throttle.

limit to 35% TPS.

i set the TC settings back to stock, but nothing changed, only when i flashed back to stock did the truck go "normal"

some times i'd have 100% TPS and then we'd stop, shut the truck off, and bam! throttle cut!!

any clues?...more or less, what am i doing wrong here?

out of the growing number of 06's i've done, i've never had this issue.

attached are both the stock and my the file that i started seeing issues with.

any one!?

some ones got to be able to point this issue out!

I am guessing that the Torque Management is doing it. Some of the values just jump out as excessive to me. ECT should kick it out alone without changing the other values.

You could try setting that section back to stock and see if it cured it. Then change one value/area at a time.

Would you check your Final idle Airflow Minium vs. RPM vs. Gear table? All the RPM values are 4096 in the Beta version of HP Tuners. Maybe a bug or you have a corrupt tune.
    Last edited by WarWagon; 05-17-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarWagon View Post
    I am guessing that the Torque Management is doing it. Some of the values just jump out as excessive to me. ECT should kick it out alone without changing the other values.

You could try setting that section back to stock and see if it cured it. Then change one value/area at a time.

Would you check your Final idle Airflow Minium vs. RPM vs. Gear table? All the RPM values are 4096 in the Beta version of HP Tuners. Maybe a bug or you have a corrupt tune.
    i wanted to use the ETC to avoid TC, but then, come winter time here in MI, the owner wants to have it.

also, when i change all the TC stuff back to stock, it still cuts out. I'll work the tq mgt tables again tonight.

as for the idle airflow tables, i dident touch them at all.

this was done with the most recent beta. I'm wondering if a bug is behind this, as the write process was a bitch just about every time.

thanks tho, its time to fire off a support e-mail.
    Last edited by 06black; 05-18-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Senior Tuner
    As WarWagon said, my guess is that you've modified or disabled the Engine Torque Management. This is an issue that seems specific to just the newer trucks.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

thanks allot guys, I'll be back in the truck tonight to find out what exact table(s) are the cause to this.

as these ECM's get smarter, my job(per-say) gets harder!

Tuner in Training
    This is a common issue with the current beta on the tbss .. if you go back to 2.22 it will be fine but you have to reload the stock file then read it out with 2.22 if you can with an 09 ..

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by WarWagon View Post
    Fixed in the newest beta, contact support with your serial number & link to this thread if you need this update.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"