Thread: Pattern Shift

Tuner in Training

Pattern Shift

I've seen several references to Pattern A and Pattern B shifting in both the VCM Suite and the service display on the dash of the G8. I assume this is normal and sport shift, but would like this confirmed. When I am looking at the service display and change from normal shift to sport shift, the display stays in pattern A, so there is some confusion on my part. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure in the latest software version of the G8 that Pattern A is your Sports Mode so obviously when you flick the gear lever over to Sports mode that would be why your display is readingP Pattern A.

Not sure what Pattern B is used for? In the States the G8 Pattern B is tagged as "Normal" and over here in Australia the equivilant vehicle (Commodore SS) the Pattern B is tagged as "Cruise". However in the tune there are separate tables for part and full throttle shifting for Normal shift, Pattern A shifts and Pattern B shifts. Based on that, I'm assuming Pattern B is not used when driving around in "D".....Did that make sense??

I'm more than happy to be corrected though

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bluessv View Post
    I'm pretty sure in the latest software version of the G8 that Pattern A is your Sports Mode so obviously when you flick the gear lever over to Sports mode that would be why your display is readingP Pattern A.

Not sure what Pattern B is used for? In the States the G8 Pattern B is tagged as "Normal" and over here in Australia the equivilant vehicle (Commodore SS) the Pattern B is tagged as "Cruise". However in the tune there are separate tables for part and full throttle shifting for Normal shift, Pattern A shifts and Pattern B shifts. Based on that, I'm assuming Pattern B is not used when driving around in "D".....Did that make sense??

I'm more than happy to be corrected though
    Thanks for the reply.

Still confused. I was thinking the A / B patterns were Normal and Sport shift, but Cruise adds another variable. I might be making this harder than it needs to be, but I want to understand what I'm doing prior to making changes. I'll keep researching, and if you have further insight, please let me know.