Thread: Been HP Tuned at a shop last year but going to a new shop - what do i need to do?

Tuner in Training

Question Been HP Tuned at a shop last year but going to a new shop - what do i need to do?

I was tuned by a shop last year on my turbo 2.4 cobalt but im making some changes and need to be retuned but using a different shop since the old shop had bad customer service and wasnt that good at tuning.

The new shop is just starting to get into using hp tuners with my car. I'm going to get tuned on May 25th memorial day.

What do I need for him to be able to tune me? He has the cable but he wasnt sure if I still have a credit to adjust my pcm or not? Hopefully someone can clarify this for me. Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Nothing special, they will read your pcm, license it if necessary & tune away.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    he was thinking I will have to pay to liscense it or something he said like $100 unless I have a stored credit on my system. Im not sure but I wanted to be prepared if thats the case.

Tuner in Training
    are you guys gonna be available for support on memorial day if we have any problems?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If your tunershop has the tunershop or year/model license for your application they will not need to license your pcm, if they do not have one of those then yes they will need to license your pcm.

Our offices are closed on Memorial day.

Tuner in Training
    if i buy a liscense on memorial day thats not an issue right? the website should be ok to use?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    credit purchases are automated so nobody needs to be here for them to go through without issue.

Tuner in Training
    thanks, sounds good.

Tuner in Training

Beautiful Business Model

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    credit purchases are automated so nobody needs to be here for them to go through without issue.
    I wish, I wish, I wish that I had that kind of money making potential 24 hours a day! Go home...make money, take a shower...make money! Unfortunately for me I own daycares and cant do it on the web! Damn!
    02 EB Mod Red, Forged 402, Ported Fast 90 & Ported 90 TB, CNC Heads, Built MN6 trans, Built Diff, DTE, Pfadt Trans Brace, Pfadt Motor Mounts, STS TT (Garrett GT32 turbos) @ 11lbs, STS air bridge, Tial BOV, Tial ext wastegate, FMIC, HP Tuners, K&N, B&M shifter, boost gauge on A-pillar panel, 60lb injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoody66 View Post
    I wish, I wish, I wish that I had that kind of money making potential 24 hours a day! Go home...make money, take a shower...make money! Unfortunately for me I own daycares and cant do it on the web! Damn!
    Having 3 kids myself I know what thats like lol