Thread: Transmission tune for a 07 F-150

Advanced Tuner

Transmission tune for a 07 F-150

Has anyone got around to getting a good tranny tune for the 07 F-150's. The way this thing shifts is sad. It will never downshift enough to pass anything!
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Potential Tuner
    I started to mess around with mine-it seems alot better. I wonder if anyone who has experience with these can look at these tunes?

Tuner in Training johnnystunner's Avatar
    ford tranny tuning is complex! , anyone have a decent f150 tranny tune and wants to share?

Advanced Tuner
    its actually pretty simple, just takes a little getting used to, i learned tuning on the fords and when i cracked open a GM tune for the first time i seriously thought it was a joke lol

wish i could help you out but i don't have hptuners yet, im more so 'feeling it out' to see if its worth my money and time, the fords are so simple, you pull it in the bay, copy out the stock tune make a few changes write it back in and the vehicle rolls, no registration no ecu removal no licenses none of that crap = no hassle, i can get a vehicle towed in to me strap her down make a thousand to the wheels and have her out of there in 15 min. seems like the GM's are MUCH MUCH more involved

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    its actually pretty simple, just takes a little getting used to, i learned tuning on the fords and when i cracked open a GM tune for the first time i seriously thought it was a joke lol

wish i could help you out but i don't have hptuners yet, im more so 'feeling it out' to see if its worth my money and time, the fords are so simple, you pull it in the bay, copy out the stock tune make a few changes write it back in and the vehicle rolls, no registration no ecu removal no licenses none of that crap = no hassle, i can get a vehicle towed in to me strap her down make a thousand to the wheels and have her out of there in 15 min. seems like the GM's are MUCH MUCH more involved
    1000hp on a DBW ford? in 15 mins? wow.... I'd like to see how you tune the effective and feed fwd tables that fast.

btw...have you tuned any of the "Joke" c6 transmissions?

actually let's just cut to the chase... and all sarcasm aside. in most forums when someone asks a question, it's polite not to riddle their thread with "look at me and what i can do" type stuff. Not trying to be rude but if you don't have anything to help them with, then don't respond. Telling the guy who's asked a trans tuning question that your awesome at tuning but wont type how to do it is just dumb. So practice some forum etiquette and offer up some knowledge that you've gained and not just tout about 1000hp cars.
    Last edited by Fox95; 06-17-2011 at 10:52 PM.
    Roadracing Crew Chief - World Superbike, British Superbike, Moto America.

Tuner in Training
    xx2

Advanced Tuner
    wish i would have seen this sooner, as you can tell i don't frequent hptuners often

for clarification i wasn't referring to the dbw ecu's

the c6 trans is mechanical ??

i wasn't attempting to 'riddle' the thread with 'look at me' type foolishness, i was simply trying to boost the OP's confidence in diving in to tuning his transmission. As I stated previously, "wish i could help you out but i don't have hptuners yet," its not that i don't have the knowledge its that im not familiar with hptuners to explain how to achieve the results he wants. Since you have SCT and Diablo in your sig your probably well aware how different software makes explaining even the simplest change more unique. Take into account that I don't deal with hptuners and I have absolutely no idea what nomenclature they use for the ford PID's or even if they have them listed at all, I'm in no position to recommend how to use the hptuners software to manipulate them.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox95 View Post
    1000hp on a DBW ford? in 15 mins? wow.... I'd like to see how you tune the effective and feed fwd tables that fast.

btw...have you tuned any of the "Joke" c6 transmissions?

actually let's just cut to the chase... and all sarcasm aside. in most forums when someone asks a question, it's polite not to riddle their thread with "look at me and what i can do" type stuff. Not trying to be rude but if you don't have anything to help them with, then don't respond. Telling the guy who's asked a trans tuning question that your awesome at tuning but wont type how to do it is just dumb. So practice some forum etiquette and offer up some knowledge that you've gained and not just tout about 1000hp cars.
    , what

Hi Fox95 , what transmission do the 2007 f150 ahve in them ? 4R75E automatic transmission?

cheers

Potential Tuner
    where you still looking for a trans tune ? got a one if you want it

My F150 tune, 5.4 lariat, transmission shifts great.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

any more progress on tranny tunes?

hows the life expectancy after tuning them? do they seem to last longer or die sooner?
    2008 Sky RL

Bump, I'm i
    nterested in this as well. Though I am tuning an '07 CVPI
    Last edited by Boost; 02-17-2016 at 04:18 PM.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Tuner in Training
    did u get anything done on the tune i have a 2011 cvpi
    2011 CVPI
    LIFTED 3"
    On 275 / 70 r16 Hercules MT...
    CUSTOM EXHAUST CAT BACK 2.5"
    Full Prisoner cage in back (for my dogs or my humans)
    Love It
    LAS VEGAS,NV