Thread: I need some help, advice, anything

Tuner in Training

I need some help, advice, anything

98 Camaro. Ok, did the Russ K MAF tuning deal. Everything was looking better and better in open loop. My wideband error %'s vs maf histogram were very close to 0 all the way across.

Back to open loop and everything goes crazy. Some KR, and -ltft's

Attached are the config, tune, and scan of course. I'm using my plx wideband logging through my EGR at a +9.5 correction.

I need some advice. Hopefully someone might be able to see something I don't know about.

You should include in your post that your boosted. I only see a blip of KR here and there. Did you desensitize the knock sensors at all? Is it possible your wide band is off? I can't see any info from the PLX with your config loaded.

Tuner in Training
    I've been lowering spark and smoothing the table time after time.
    Yes, it's possible the wideband is off. I've been looking everywhere on this forum and elsewhere trying to figure out exactly how to tell if it's accurate. No such luck.
    There's no way to calibrate the wideband with it being a PLX. Maybe it's too far downstream..
    Either way, I'm frustrated to say the least after all of the time I put into that damn MAF table.

And oops.. I'm boosted.

There are some that disable the LTFT and tune the MAF with the STFT. You may have better luck doing it that way. I've never done it that way. My wide band is in the Y pipe in front of the converter where the 97 and older cars had a stock O2. I used to get the same random blips of KR until I lowered how fast the PCM pulls timing and raised how fast it puts it back in. Russ K has how to do that in a few of his posts. As long as the average KR for that cell is 0 I wouldn't worry about it.

Senior Tuner
    MAF tuning complete. Humm...did you tune your VE table first? If not you really should start there...

PLX doesn't require free air calibration. Thats what makes it the titts supposedly.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid View Post
    MAF tuning complete. Humm...did you tune your VE table first? If not you really should start there...

PLX doesn't require free air calibration. Thats what makes it the titts supposedly.
    Left my VE table as is since I've read in so many places that it does nothing for these car's unless the MAF fails.

Assuming this is wrong, I don't even know how to tune my VE table.. I'm so new to this all of this. I'm working off the stickies and other posts.

How would I go about tuning the VE anyways? If it's anything like the MAF that'd be nice.. Since that seemed easy enough.
    Last edited by Blizzard242; 05-08-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Ok.......... Thanks for the help..... I'll just make another post stating that I'm boosted. Maybe I'll get help then. Otherwise, this is bs.