Thread: HELP! AC not working after scan!

Advanced Tuner

HELP! AC not working after scan!

OK, so this is wierd. I dont know if it has anything to do with what we did, but I suspicious...

A buddy brought over his 2004 Silverado..its a 3500 with a 6.0L and 4x4.
    It has had a solid axle conversion done on the front, Edelbrock shorties, a cold air intake, and a Hypertech tune.

I downloaded his tune, then scanned for DTCs and drove it around for a little bit to check it out.

After we got back, I was showing him some of the features of HPTuners, and went to the VCM Controls and was showing him how you can even select a gear, turno fans on and off, etc etc. Well I showed him the AC Clutch On/Off button and switched it on and off a couple of times, then unplugged the HPTuners from it and we went for one more cruise.

The AC wasnt working anymore! I plugged the HPTuners into it and turned on the Scanner and brought up VCM Controls and clicked to turno on the AC Clutch, and the AC gets cold almost instantly.

Unclick the "AC Clutch ON" button and it gets hot real quick. Unplugged HPTuners and checked all Relays, fuses, not one fuse was blown.

I dont understand it...I have been tuning for years and have played with the AC Clutch buttons a lot of times and never had this problem.

I dont get how the darn thing can get ice cold if I click the clutch on, but without VCM Scanner plugged in and AC Clutch on in VCM Controls it gets hot. We live down here by Mexico so we gotta have AC!

Anyone have any experience with this or any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I had just talked him into getting a tune from me and this makes me look bad lol.

He came in, AC worked...left with no AC.

THANKS!

-Chris
    Pacesetter LTs| Flowmaster & Custom 3" ORY
    Patriot Gold dual springs | Titanium Retainers | CM Rods
    XER 226/226 585/585 112 | MTI lid| P&P TB & MAF | TBB
    Hurst | !AIR !EGR | Built T56 | 01-02 Slave cyl.
    '04 GTO A4 Black/Red | Free Mods | 13.2 @ 106 1.9 60' every time

Pull the battery for a min to let the HVAC computer reset itself.