Thread: Idle Issues

Potential Tuner

Idle Issues

Hi everyone I am very new to HP tuners and am having some problems at IDLE. My car is a Factory Five GTM, the car uses the stock PCM. The engine is a 2002 LS6 with a stroker kit (383) 11.5 comp, AFR 225 heads, Custom Kooks SS long tube header and exhaust system, 90mm T/B amd LS2 intake. I do not have all the numbers on the cam infront of me. But is a very radical cam for this engine. The engine some times dies when I come to a stop. I have the VSS signal into the PCM. 90% of the time it catches it self. Is there a way to bypass the VSS signal and still get smooth idle transitions. I have been told that the PCM needs the VSS signal to transition form P/N idle to a rolling idle. I have been working with the idle air table and I have goten the surging down to 200rpm during a rolling stop.

you should be able to do it with just the idle airflow table 95% of the time. iv been able to get cams as big as 250/260 to idle down properly.. You may have to mess with the throttle follower as well..

Potential Tuner
    Ok thanks I have doe some work with the idle airflow I will keep trying and also look into the throttle follower