Thread: odd issue with tcc lockup /unlock possibly.

odd issue with tcc lockup /unlock possibly.

Ive been adjusting the trans file on my 2005 GTO a4.

the small issue im having, is if im cruising at 35mph (3rd gear) and i let off the gas the rpm's drop to almost idle, which i believe this is normal (is that the tq converter unlocking?)

when i gradually give it gas to maintain speed or slightly accelerate it free revs up to right around 1500-1700 rpm where it catches and lightly jerks. Its not harsh its just a little annoying, almost like the converter is locking, or maybe its upshifting or something.... if i do this from 40+mph or under 30ish mph it doesn't free rev up to an rpm, but it feels like its engaged the hole time, so you never feel it "engage"

can someone elaborate or take a look at my tune file?

Im going to get rid of 3rd gear tcc lockup, with the stock gearing in an a4 im already in 4th at 40mph while cruising, and thats up from about 33mph stock.
    2008 G8 GT / TVS1900 /2.9 pulley / LS9 Injectors/ LS9 Cam / Catback / Intake

bump

Tuner in Training
    Yeah it just sounds like it is locking back up. I have a Yank 3600 and when mine locks up at low speeds it jerks too. But I don't have mine locking until 50 mph. You could just set your 3rd and 4th gear lock up to the same that way if you are in D or OD it will still lock.
    Last edited by leftyss; 04-28-2009 at 07:54 PM.

228R | Yank 3600 | LPP LT's & TDs | 3.23's | LS6 Intake | SVO 30lbs | TSP stage 1 243s

i just disabled lockup in 3rd and the problem went away. gearing on the auto GTO's is pretty aggressive for stock (3.46 and 25.5" tires) so it goes into 4th so soon for cruising type driving that i dont see a need for 3rd gear lockup.

Thats a good idea on just pasting the 4th gear into the 3rd gear tables incase i leave it in D, i may do that.