Thread: No Application key or customer password

No Application key or customer password

Help, I recieved my HP Tuners Pro today but no application key or customer password. I tryed opening a account and I'm prompted the information I entered is incorrect (serial #) I contacted the company I purchased it from since I'm prompted that the information should have been e-mailed to be but it has not and they cannot tell me when someone will be in to help me. "Maybe this afternoon" I need the application key help. Thanks.

Rick

Maybe, email support with your serial number (located on the bottom of the box).
    The company is right, though.... it should have been emailed to your account within a few days of you placing the order. Must be some kind of mix up.
    It's best to sort it out now, as all of your future application keys will be emailed to that same email address.
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    Maybe, email support with your serial number (located on the bottom of the box).
    The company is right, though.... it should have been emailed to your account within a few days of you placing the order. Must be some kind of mix up.
    It's best to sort it out now, as all of your future application keys will be emailed to that same email address.
    Thanks, still trying and took your advise. Hopefully I can get some assistance in a timely manner.

Rick

Advanced Tuner
    just a shot in the dark here but the company i bought my standard interface from (ZZP) had written the application key on the outside of the box instead of e mailing it to me.

maybe check the box , packaging , the invoice ,etc.. everything having to do with your tuner purchase and see if you can locate it

if not then you will want to start trying to get it resolved by e mailing support with your serial # and where you purchased the unit and hopefully they can get the problem resolved for you

Keith Murphy
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Already got it covered guys thanks!
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thank you Sir

Same damn issue here, what gives? I'm glad you resolved it for them, but what did you do? Mine is not new, I'm out of credits and need to buy more. Will not let me open a new account, says I already have an account, then it says when I try my serial number that it is invalid! This is the second time this crap has cost me massive ammounts of time. Nothing like a good ol fasion phone number with a human being on the other end.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Neat View Post
    Same damn issue here, what gives? I'm glad you resolved it for them, but what did you do? Mine is not new, I'm out of credits and need to buy more. Will not let me open a new account, says I already have an account, then it says when I try my serial number that it is invalid! This is the second time this crap has cost me massive ammounts of time. Nothing like a good ol fasion phone number with a human being on the other end.
    What he did was emailed support...your customer login page was created by your reseller from the looks of it, not much we can do other than give you a new password but you need to contact support to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    What he did was emailed support...your customer login page was created by your reseller from the looks of it, not much we can do other than give you a new password but you need to contact support to do so.
    "What he did was email support"...Smart ass, I did email, during regular business hours I might add. It turns out I used the wrong email address to try to get help, I used the contact link on the HPTuners web site only to find out later that the best way to get a response is through support. I know you guys get back to us in a reasonable amount of time for the most part. But when it's an emergency, like my customer traveling 4 1/2 hours one way to have his car tuned, what are we supposed to do? btw, you didn't respond to my email until 9:34 this morning.

This is what you said in your email:

"The email you are using doesn't match that on the customer login page, you should fix your customer login page or email us using that email for the future so you don't have any more problems."

That's just great, I used an email address that wasn't associated with my HPTuners account and HPTuners prompts me that my serial number is invalid. What happens if I use the wrong password, does it tell me my email address is wrong?

Luckily I found a phone number to call and after multiple voice messages and countless attempts, Jay answered the phone and immediately remedied the situation. However, it was too late by then. We discovered the car had a bad part and being that the dealerships were closed, the poor customer had to limp it back home. So guess who gets to travel 4 1/2 hours now?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Here are the timestamps, your emails to me sounded like you didn't want help and more like you wanted to fight.I was only protecting the accounts of our customers nothing more.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:34 AM
    To: William Henn
    Subject: Re: Cannot buy credits

Security purposes?? What's to secure? I was trying to give you money, I don't see the security risk. Besides, Jay straightened it out sesterday. Like I said, this is the second time this same problem has delayed me. How can we insure this won't happen again? If it something I'm doing please explain, and I will avoid the same mistake in the future. If it something on your end, then fix it. These kind of delays are costly and unexceptable, especially when the custom traveled so far to get here. By the time we started tuning, the local dealerships were closed. When it was discovered that the car had a bad part, it was too late to get it. Now I must travel 4 1/2 hours to finish the job.
    ----- Original Message -----
    To:
    Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:42 AM
    Subject: RE: Cannot buy credits

For security purposes please send me a vcm suite infolog while connected to your interface and I'll reset your password for you.

Check out our Demos Here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058

Thanks,
    William Henn
    HP Tuners LLC.
    www.hptuners.com

Note: Please reply with a copy of the original message. Failure to do so may
    result in your question not being answered. If you are an existing customer,
    please include your serial # in your e-mail. This communication, and any files attached, contains confidential information that may be privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:50 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Cannot buy credits
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 04-30-2009 at 08:36 PM.