Thread: afr help

Tuner in Training

afr help

the afr is set to 11.5 in the base and yet the wide band at wot goes down to 10? What else affects this in the tune? Does fuel pressure come in to play making it run rich?
    2000 GTP M112 GEN V S/C IC Overkill-cam 65lbs INJ 3.4 pulley 1.7 Rockers double roller timing chain

Did you zero out your PE Fuel Adder vs. RPM vs. Time Table? It can add fuel at WOT and mess with your AFR.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Tuner in Training
    No I did do that how do you zero out the table?

D
    2000 GTP M112 GEN V S/C IC Overkill-cam 65lbs INJ 3.4 pulley 1.7 Rockers double roller timing chain

Open your file in Editor---go to Engine--Fuel Control--Power Enrich---under Power enrichment---find Add vs. RPM ---zero out the table----and find Add vs. TPS-----and zero out that table too.

Then retune your MAF Calibration under Airflow..
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by coachcrow56 View Post
    Open your file in Editor---go to Engine--Fuel Control--Power Enrich---under Power enrichment---find Add vs. RPM ---zero out the table----and find Add vs. TPS-----and zero out that table too.

Then retune your MAF Calibration under Airflow..
    Ah Ok so just take the table and make it o ok I got you but why do you need to do this??

And then recal maf in airflow in car?

D
    Last edited by footman; 04-20-2009 at 08:52 PM.

OK, I am going to chime in here. Are you saying that if the add vs tps table is zeroed, so should the add vs RPM table? Maybe this could be the reason I am not hitting my target 11.5 AFR during WOT.
    2004 Grand Am SC/T- Eaton Magnuson M62 supercharger, 2.6" pulley, EGR delete, Greddy PCV oil catch system, 42.5lb/hr injectors, LS1 MAF, custom CAI, cooling mist meth injection system

Those tables add to the commanded AFR while in PE. The MAF table also needs to be tuned for the commanded AFR to be close.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrian442 View Post
    Those tables add to the commanded AFR while in PE. The MAF table also needs to be tuned for the commanded AFR to be close.
    You mean actual. The MAF table has no effect on the commanded AFR.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

Quote Originally Posted by Perforator View Post
    You mean actual. The MAF table has no effect on the commanded AFR.
    Doesn't the PCM use the MAF table to determine the amount of air entering the engine and add fuel to satisfy the commanded AFR?

Tuner in Training
    I did what they said to do and the afr was where it was supposed to be I had to adjust the airflow as at wot I was getting KR not much but a little

D

Advanced Tuner
    Doesn't the PCM use the MAF table to determine the amount of air entering the engine and add fuel to satisfy the commanded AFR?
    The commanded afr is determined by the base afr + the adder tables, not the maf table. The maf table tells the engine how much air is flowing at x hz.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

Quote Originally Posted by Perforator View Post
    The commanded afr is determined by the base afr + the adder tables, not the maf table. The maf table tells the engine how much air is flowing at x hz.
    Read my first post. The MAF table needs to be accurately tuned in order for the AFR to be close to the commanded AFR. Maybe I should have elaborated a bit more.
    Last edited by bigbrian442; 04-26-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Tuner
    Sounds like you need to read this:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...64&postcount=1
    Scott in San Diego with a L-67 Super Stalker.
    Mods in the next month or so, yeah its a moving target!
    Gen 5 blower, N* throttle body, LQ4 MAF,3.4 pulley for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker L-67 View Post
    Tuning the MAF table with that method works very well.

Advanced Tuner
    Read my first post. The MAF table needs to be accurately tuned in order for the AFR to be close to the commanded AFR. Maybe I should have elaborated a bit more.
    Oh ok I got you. Yes that's right, the MAF table does have to be tuned for the actual to match the commanded but the issue here was the commanded, I don't even think he has a wideband.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page