Thread: Help with VE SD tune

Tuner in Training

Help with VE SD tune

Alright, so I'm working on tuning using Cpig's guide. This is probably an easy answer, but I'll ask anyway. Is there anyway to log for longer than what is the default? I run out of frames (65k is what mine is set at) within 30 miles. I have it logging to my laptop with a 160Gb hard drive, more than enough room to log these files onto. How can I drive ~100 or so miles learning my LTFTs (with MAF turned off) when I can only log for 30 miles? Please help me I'll be perma watching this thread for replies!
    09 G8 GT

Ive had mine logged to my laptop and i got no problems doin the logs. the only time i had a problem was my battery to the laptop went flat and it was fully charged before i started my logging. But if i was just using the HPTuner box on is own then i only get about 15-16mins of logging done.

Senior Tuner
    Never seen a time cutoff logging with the laptop hooked up...now stand alone with the Hp Tuners Pro. box only...yes.
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    65k frames is the limit for logging to the laptop. The logging is more than likely going into memory and not the harddrive due to it being realtime logging that requires fast updates. I have looked briefly before and never found an option to up the limit. Let me know if you do find an option for that. Also, you can post requests in the "VCM Suite Feature Requests".