Thread: GMC 3yrs Warranty vs HP Tuners Upgrade

Tuner in Training carseat-qatar's Avatar

GMC 3yrs Warranty vs HP Tuners Upgrade

Guy's we have here a GMC Sierra 2500HD 2009 model that we upgrade via HPTuners and the owner have differential issues he ask me to return the original file so he can go to GMC for service and warranty claim,

Even i return the original file for the vehicle GMC are still looking for the CVN 12626014 which i cannot find in calibration detail if cannot present that CVN nos his warranty will be void.

Any help for you guys and or support@hptuner will be highly appreciated.

from all of what I have read, it does not matter if you put it back to stock or not, they can still see if a tune has ever been put into the vehicle. Now with that said, they do need to look for it, and its not something that just starts flashing on their scan tool, it is something that they will need to do a little digging to find. Most dealerships wont bother for some regular ol warranty work. Now if your bringing in a truck with an aftermarket supercharger, blown rear, tranny, and melted pistons...... yeah they might get to looking.
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

2007 Avalanche LTZ - Catback and Eibach springs

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"