Thread: Post up your G8 canned tunes!

Post up your G8 canned tunes!

I'm looking comparative G8 files with canned tunes, your own little tweaks, ect. There's nothing on the repository and i know you guys are messing with your brand new G8's already, it's a given . If you could leave a brief summary of what all you changed (unless it's a canned tune file) with your mods that would be great. I'm more or less interested in TQ management tweaks but max timing and whatnot would be great to know. Thanks!

-Mike

hi mike,
    Have u got a stock tune to start off with. Is ur car a M6 or A6
    tony

Potential Tuner
    Im with you on this. Id like to see what things people have been changing especially in the trans and tq management. I don't like how this thing shifts at all
    2006 GTO CGM M6- Gone
    09 G8 GT- Black/Red
    06 TBSS (DD) Typical Bolt Ons
    Waiting To Go In
    - PCMforless LS1 E-fans and Trans Cooler l Powerbond Pulley l Circle D converter l

Other GMs in the Family
    07 C6 - Heads,Cam,Gears,Supercharged
    07 TBSS - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by VE SSV 73 View Post
    hi mike,
    Have u got a stock tune to start off with. Is ur car a M6 or A6
    tony
    It's a locals car i'm going to help tune, i do have a stock tune to mess around with. I also saved 2 stock files with warnings not to mess with them already lol, just in case we try something the car doesn't like. I understand how to tune these cars for the most part, but the TQ management is kinda confusing to me. We want to disable all TQ management in "sport" mode and leave everything stock when it's in normal mode if that's even possible. Also what's max timing on 93octane or i should say, what's max timing period where these cars pretty much max out? I would assume right around 28 degrees advance but i would like to know from some of you pro's. I know grand prix's, cobalts, and the gm 3.9's like the back of my hand but these lsx cars are creepy haha.

Thanks again for the help!

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by e85grandprix View Post
    It's a locals car i'm going to help tune, i do have a stock tune to mess around with. I also saved 2 stock files with warnings not to mess with them already lol, just in case we try something the car doesn't like. I understand how to tune these cars for the most part, but the TQ management is kinda confusing to me. We want to disable all TQ management in "sport" mode and leave everything stock when it's in normal mode if that's even possible. Also what's max timing on 93octane or i should say, what's max timing period where these cars pretty much max out? I would assume right around 28 degrees advance but i would like to know from some of you pro's. I know grand prix's, cobalts, and the gm 3.9's like the back of my hand but these lsx cars are creepy haha.

Thanks again for the help!

-Mike
    I personally wouldn't go over 26 degrees. you won't see any more power. so for safety i wouldn't go any higher. on AZs 91 i don't really go any higher than 22 degrees myself. As for T/M, you can't choose how much % you want in normal vs sport vs manual mode. the beta has more T/M support but i would wait till the official release for that. I also wouldn't turn off upshift T/M unless you have upped the line pressure a bit. even with my line pressure bumped upped quite a bit, i only disable upshift T/M when i go to the track or am playing around. It barks the shit out of the tires when i disable it! when you disable T/M upshift with stock line pressure and shift timings, it just makes it feel like a sloppy/slipping shift.

I'm not really a fan of just posting my complete tune for everyone to have at it. especially when i have a lot of hours into it. so i'm putting together a decent base G8 tune that should have a decent amount of changes that you can critique to your liking. i will probably post it up in a little bit.
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
    1/4 mile: 13.33 @ 105 mph

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    I personally wouldn't go over 26 degrees. you won't see any more power. so for safety i wouldn't go any higher. on AZs 91 i don't really go any higher than 22 degrees myself. As for T/M, you can't choose how much % you want in normal vs sport vs manual mode. the beta has more T/M support but i would wait till the official release for that. I also wouldn't turn off upshift T/M unless you have upped the line pressure a bit. even with my line pressure bumped upped quite a bit, i only disable upshift T/M when i go to the track or am playing around. It barks the shit out of the tires when i disable it! when you disable T/M upshift with stock line pressure and shift timings, it just makes it feel like a sloppy/slipping shift.

I'm not really a fan of just posting my complete tune for everyone to have at it. especially when i have a lot of hours into it. so i'm putting together a decent base G8 tune that should have a decent amount of changes that you can critique to your liking. i will probably post it up in a little bit.
    Thats cool with me. I just want to see what tables people are touching especially for the trans. Im going to fine tune it myself with possibly the help of a buddy who can tune pretty well.
    2006 GTO CGM M6- Gone
    09 G8 GT- Black/Red
    Waiting To Go In
    - PCMforless LS1 E-fans and Trans Cooler l Powerbond Pulley l Circle D converter l

Other GMs in the Family
    07 TBSS - Stock

So any updates? Nobody has a canned tune file they can post up? That's all i need, i can work off of that...

Potential Tuner
    Lol what about the tune from your car. You can work off that tooo
    2006 GTO CGM M6- Gone
    09 G8 GT- Black/Red
    Waiting To Go In

Other GMs in the Family
    07 TBSS - Stock

Advanced Tuner
    waiting...
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Tuner in Training
    This is what I have so far. Another member was nice enough to give me theirs, and I tweaked from there. Right now I'm trying to work out the tranny flare from 2-3 and 3-4.
    Last edited by PerfectD3; 04-24-2009 at 12:17 PM.
    09 G8 GT

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectD3 View Post
    This is what I have so far. Another member was nice enough to give me theirs, and I tweaked from there. Right now I'm trying to work out the tranny flare from 2-3 and 3-4.
    what version of HPtuner are you using? the new Beta version?

I couldn't open your tune
    09 G8 GT
    05 Silverado
    68 C-10 (05 Avalanche 5.3L)

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I'm working in the beta version. I haven't even played in the 2.22. I am however planning on switching over to it this weekend so that others can see what I am doing.
    09 G8 GT

Advanced Tuner
    keep it coming... im getting hptuners here in a few weeks....
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectD3 View Post
    Yes, I'm working in the beta version. I haven't even played in the 2.22. I am however planning on switching over to it this weekend so that others can see what I am doing.
    It's really not that different, well i didn't notice anything yet...