Thread: What wideband to buy.

Tuner in Training

What wideband to buy.

I am about to buy a wideband just for my car and wanted to know what works best with HP Tuners. I did a search and it seems like some have issues, so I figured I would ask. I do have a FAST dual wideband system that I use for other cars as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    I am about to buy a wideband just for my car and wanted to know what works best with HP Tuners. I did a search and it seems like some have issues, so I figured I would ask. I do have a FAST dual wideband system that I use for other cars as well.

I have had a couple different widebands now but I am now running the NGK AFX and as far as accuracy and the price goes you can't beat it and ease of installation is nice too, it can be portable from car to car pretty easily in my opinion or a permanent install.

Do a search because their is alot of info on the different widebands and it's been covered MANY times.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

I would go with the AFX controller kit with the upgraded NGK/NTK wide band O2 sensor.

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/582

Most will agree on here that this is one of the best consumer level O2 sensors on the market. Plus the controller matches the gauges on the G8s very well Here's a picture.

Here's a pretty good read:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21019
    Last edited by boomer; 04-13-2009 at 07:43 AM.
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
    1/4 mile: 13.33 @ 105 mph

Tuner in Training
    I just bought the NGK AFX, waiting for the postman now. Charlie you're everywhere on the net.
    09 G8 GT

Hi Charlie!
    Hows the G8 coming along. I installed my Vararam on the G8 and have started my tune. I have been using a AEM WB for about 2.5 years. It works ok! I have 2, one is mounted on my "A" pillar in my vette and the other I made it portable and move it car to car. If I was going to buy now I would get the AFX controller kit with the upgraded NGK/NTK wide band O2 sensor. Hope the helps!
    2018 GMC Denali A8 6.2L
    2016 CTS-V
    2016 C7 Z06 A8
    2016 C7 Z06/Z07 A8 vert
    2015 Chevy SS 6.2 LS3 A6
    1996 Impala SS LT1 CAI
    1995 Chevy 1500 5.3 CAI Z06 cam
    1957 Chevy vert

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Street View Post
    Hi Charlie!
    Hows the G8 coming along. I installed my Vararam on the G8 and have started my tune. I have been using a AEM WB for about 2.5 years. It works ok! I have 2, one is mounted on my "A" pillar in my vette and the other I made it portable and move it car to car. If I was going to buy now I would get the AFX controller kit with the upgraded NGK/NTK wide band O2 sensor. Hope the helps!
    I had thoughts of the NGK wideband but got the AEM Uego instead.
    So this should still work fine with the HPT and no issues, yes?
    Thanks.

what is so special about the NTK sensor???

5.3, 317 heads, ls6 intake, 02 ZO6 cam, hardened pushrods, PRC dual springs, FMIC, 15* timming, 18psi boost, th400 w/transbrake .... 600rwhp

I spoke with Seth of Hinson Supercars and he told me that the NTK is only superior to the standard Bosch if you are using leaded fuels. Other than that there is no difference. Not sure how valid it is but worth looking into for a $150 sensor
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

I agree. The accuracy comes from the controller and most agree that the AFX is the best thing going at the moment. Personally I would not pay the extra for the NTK sensor.

Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by misnblu View Post
    I had thoughts of the NGK wideband but got the AEM Uego instead.
    So this should still work fine with the HPT and no issues, yes?
    Thanks.
    Yes
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Yes
    Thank you for the reply.