Thread: newbie tuner looking for some advice/direction..

Potential Tuner

newbie tuner looking for some advice/direction..

hello all, i have a 04 gto m6 with the following mods: jba shorties/catless mids flowmaster catback k&n cai comp custom grind 228/232 .588/.595 112lsa+2 cam. ive made some adjustments and got her to idle pretty well when warm although it does surge a little and hunts for idle a short time when coming to a stop. but after that she idles well. im wondering if you folks could take a look at my tune and subsequent logs and recommend some changes...anything to help me get the car closer to where it needs to be. To say im running a lil rich wouls be an understatement lol. i stink ok gas fumes when i get done driving. any help would be appreciated. also doin this without a wideband o2 working on building the funds up for that.
    Last edited by Ls1Goat04; 04-04-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you gone through a full VE and MAF tuning cycle with this tune? If so, you shouldn't be wreaking of fuel after driving. Definitely work towards that wideband. It will make your tuning so much easier.
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Potential Tuner
    hey, im a family member of ls1goat04. i was helping him out with tuning. we started with the ve, by means of LTFT, but the numbers didnt seem to be getting better after a couple drives. I was reseting the fuel trims each time. We were only driving for 15-20 minutes at a time, maybe we werent driving enough? A wideband is definatly in the future. Thanks for the help guys

Potential Tuner
    ok got some updated ve logs i think im getting close or as close as im gonna get theyre positve numbers but the guide im working with says they should be within +- 5 on the trims. i picked the "best"one lemme know what yall think...thanks

ok guys you can change the ve all you want but if you dont turn off fuel trim learning you will be chasing your tails. Look for the config file in the sticky and tune your ve and maf off of stft it will go much faster that way.. But you must make sure fuel trim learning is off. Read step by step in the help file it will show you how to do it.. as for your idle you need to tune the raf there should be a config and a help file for that as well..

No tuning will correct the exhaust stink when not having cats with anything larger than a stock camshaft. But the fueling is too lean as per the +LTFTs on your scan log.

Russ Kemp