Thread: T/C problem here. turning off all the time???

Advanced Tuner

T/C problem here. turning off all the time???

car is a 05 GTO 112 maggie. done the TC patch and right when it hits 100 KPA it kicks the TC off and it stays off. is the patch just not working? i have done many maggied cars and never had one do this..... when it turns off you cant turn it back on either

in the log you will see when it hits max MAP is when it does it.

id try repatching it. Im sure your aware that you need to get hte VE dialed in better 18% enrichment at 100kpa and 7 degrees of knock will cause funny things to happen. g luck

Advanced Tuner
    its not true knock, just burst....and this is happening at only 30-40 % THR, if i would have turned on the TPS you cold have seen that too, thats my bad....

i tried re patching it , no go.....

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly9r68 View Post
    its not true knock, just burst....and this is happening at only 30-40 % THR, if i would have turned on the TPS you cold have seen that too, thats my bad....

i tried re patching it , no go.....
    This may sound crazy but try using a different operating system from another GTO.

make sure you are not getting a MAP or TPS code or misfire code. They can also disable TCS.

My guess is you are seeing P0108 MAP high voltage.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    no codes................i know this is on the tune i just cant figure it out...LOL....

TBones, you mean to take another tune altogether from another car and just flash it in with the same Parameters? humm

Advanced Tuner
    ????????

Advanced Tuner
    bump

please email your file to support and i'll take a look at it.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

chris can u keep me up to date with this as well.. I'm running into the same problems with a magnacharged C6

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    make sure you are not getting a MAP or TPS code or misfire code. They can also disable TCS.

My guess is you are seeing P0108 MAP high voltage.
    you cant look at the one in the first post? i attached the tune to it.....

i have another car now doing this also...

Advanced Tuner
    chris i sent you a PM

Senior Tuner
    Set your misfire values to 32767 across the tables, and see if that cures it.

On a side note, who dialed in the MAF transfer? Look at the last cell of the Low MAF table and the first cell of the High MAF table. I can assure you that your MAF is NOT dialed in properly somewhere.

And what in the hell is the IFR calibration set to 42 across the board for? Is this a return-style system, or the stock returnless setup? Also, what injectors are being used in the car? Can you get me the exact part #s on them, please?

This tune is just awful, and Maggie should fire their calibrator.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Senior Tuner
    Are you talking about Torque Converter lockup or are you talking about traction control?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Set your misfire values to 32767 across the tables, and see if that cures it.

On a side note, who dialed in the MAF transfer? Look at the last cell of the Low MAF table and the first cell of the High MAF table. I can assure you that your MAF is NOT dialed in properly somewhere.

And what in the hell is the IFR calibration set to 42 across the board for? Is this a return-style system, or the stock returnless setup? Also, what injectors are being used in the car? Can you get me the exact part #s on them, please?

This tune is just awful, and Maggie should fire their calibrator.
    yes this is all based off the maggie stock tune.....

they are 42lbs green top.

and yes i am talking about the Traction control...not TQ convertor

Potential Tuner
    I had a similar TCS disable at part throttle every so often also. While it would disable the tcs until an engine restart it never showed any codes. Later on down the road I Installed a 2 bars sensor (For data logging purposes only) and changed the MAP sensor linear and offset values only (Still running maf only tune) and ever since then I never had the issues again. I think Chris is on the right track with the MAP high voltage tripping the TCS off but dont know if the code will show up in DTC read. FYI this is on a centrifigal 06 gto.